By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Acceptance - An effort to improve the community.

Then explain why you made this post attacking a member for no reason who was wondering where to live in US?

"I would say don't even bother. You're just another Canadian dude looking for a reason to badmouth my great country. You've already voiced your displeasure with a variety of American political idealogies, and this move is just going to be more "evidence" on why America sucks. I bet, after a few months you're going to be back on here complaining. I await the future thread, "damn, I knew America was bad but not this bad! They looked at me funny!" Wacky liberals" 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5367453

Follow what you say before you start preaching to others.

Former something....

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

The difference was that you didnt state any opinions or facts - you just wrote up contradictions one after another.

You say there's a wide discrimination against Microsoft fans yet you discriminated the Sony fans. If you want to promote acceptance, dont stoop down to the levels of the ones who are being aggressive - there's a word for people like that but I'll refrain from using it for respect of the forum rules.

Edit:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5369487

^ Way too many holes in your "arguments" - but it was funny to read though.

Whoa, did he really say those things?  I didn't report him or anything but I admit that I didn't really read more than the beginning of the post, either.  What an amazing load of silliness.  I'm definitely more amused than offended, though.  It doesn't even sound real, especially since most all of that is true of Microsoft, and some of it is true of Nintendo.

Also, "These people are the ones who take this stuff too seriously," is really ironic coming from someone who hates a video game company.

Funny stuff  :D

Rudisha said:
KHlover said:
Sure, Hit and Run threads are the perfect way to improve the community...(the last one, not this one)

I did not "hit" anyone, if by "hit", you mean offending or insulting someone. Why would someone feel insulted by my opinion. Is it the case on VGChartz that you can't give an opinion if to unpopular. And the only reason I "run" is because most people either raged the thread or just ridiculed it altogether. They weren't worth responding to. There were a few people with valid counter arguments but by the time I tried to reply to them, my thread was locked.

It was clear that Sony fans would be riled up by your thread (whether this was intentional I can't judge yet, not seen enough threads by you) - this is the "Hit" part.

You then proceeded to log off and not log back  on again until after the thread was locked, not clarifying any of your statements or actually arguing with the Sony fans you riled up and only logging on again after the thread was locked - this is the "run" part.

BasilZero said:
Rudisha said:
BasilZero said:

The difference was that you didnt state any opinions or facts - you just wrote up contradictions one after another.

You say there's a wide discrimination against Microsoft fans yet you discriminated the Sony fans. If you want to promote acceptance, dont stoop down to the levels of the ones who are being aggressive - there's a word for people like that but I'll refrain from using it for respect of the forum rules.

Edit:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5369487

^ Way too many holes in your "arguments" - but it was funny to read though.

No. I may disagree with a lot of people and enjoy arguments, and I can be a tad aggressive. But I accept and respect what people have to say. I never insult people solely because I don't agree with them. This has happens to me and it hurts.

But you did just do that in that thread. You bashed (and demonized) an entire fanbase and a publisher/developer/producer of a gaming system just because you didnt agree with the way they acted and operated.

There's a difference between criticizing a group and bashing a group - you clearly bashed a group, you are at fault here. There's no point at sugarcoating what you did.

Not only that but your post also mocked the moderation team - you knew your thread was against the rules of this forum yet you blatantly broke them.

Basil, you seem like you may be intelligent so please reread my post. I only bashed said I hated consoles and the corporation. Just pieces of plastic and a beaurocratic institution who just wants to make money. Why do people feel offended that I hate this things? Why are people so invested in products that don't care about them. Moreover, I did not bash an entire fanbase. I simply said Sony FANBOYS were the worst fanboys of the bunch.

Ok, obviously the OP said something in previous threads that has left a bad taste in people's mouths and makes him come off as being hypocritical. Can someone explain to me what he did in a short version?

Around the Network
Blacksaber said:

Then explain why you made this post attacking a member for no reason who was wondering where to live in US?

"I would say don't even bother. You're just another Canadian dude looking for a reason to badmouth my great country. You've already voiced your displeasure with a variety of American political idealogies, and this move is just going to be more "evidence" on why America sucks. I bet, after a few months you're going to be back on here complaining. I await the future thread, "damn, I knew America was bad but not this bad! They looked at me funny!" Wacky liberals" 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5367453

Follow what you say before you start preaching to others.

black saber, you took that post out of context. That post was just another installment of Michael and I's friendly "insults". It's more of an inside joke. Michael knows that I wasn't serious.

JayWood2010 said:
Ok, obviously the OP said something in previous threads that has left a bad taste in people's mouths and makes him come off as being hypocritical. Can someone explain to me what he did in a short version?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5367585

Maybe not the best example, but I think he was just plain rude and will keep it in mind.

JayWood2010 said:
wfz said:
Online forums are more like groups of friends chatting and less like actual real world communities. If you say an opinion that pisses off your friends, they will make fun of you and turn their backs on you.

Welcome to internet forums!

Disagree. I believe very few people know each other on this site.  People see a poster and immediately put them with one of the three companies.  If a Sony user sees an Xbox user a lot of times they often dislike them even if they don't know them personally.  This goes vice versa too.

EDIT:  I also want to say i did not read his last thread even though basil sent it to me.  But i do agree with this thread.  That we all need to be a little more lenient on peoples opinions.  Although bashing should never be allowed.

Sorry for not explaining my point in further detail. I didn't mean to imply that people actually know each other here, form "groups," or anything. What I meant was that the reactions from the community more closely resembles the way your peers or friends would react to what you say. Not like a properly functioning society would. Because that is not what these forums are.

Yeah we should be more tolerant of people's opinions. That's a basic human problem, not a VGC problem. I won't be leadnig the crusade on here to solve humanity's problems. :P

There were more MS fans until 2010 when the site had a redesign, and tons of members left. Ever since then there has been a very small MS community. People have made tons, and tons of threads like this before and nothing changes.

You are also a hypocrite as your closed thread treated every Sony fan on here like a hivemind of assholes.

Basil, this is a response to your post with the five points.

1 & 2. I did not call Sony fans dougebags. Yes, the example I have called the people bad people. HOWEVER, the example I have was meant to give much more extreme version of what's really true. This is a common logical method to find the truth. You exaggerate the truth so that you can more clearly see the consequences.

3. I did not insult anyone who posted gifs. I said it was wrong that they posted so many gifs targeted at Nintendo and Microsoft.

4. There is a difference between predictions and opinions. There is a difference between saying "I want LBP to sell 20 million units" and "I predict LBP will sell 20 million units". One is an opinion, and the other shows a clear distorted understanding of the market.

5. I never called a fan a fanboy. I was talking about fanboys from the beginning, not the fans. I don't have a problem with the fans