By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Acceptance - An effort to improve the community.

wfz said:
JayWood2010 said:
wfz said:
Online forums are more like groups of friends chatting and less like actual real world communities. If you say an opinion that pisses off your friends, they will make fun of you and turn their backs on you.

Welcome to internet forums!

Disagree. I believe very few people know each other on this site.  People see a poster and immediately put them with one of the three companies.  If a Sony user sees an Xbox user a lot of times they often dislike them even if they don't know them personally.  This goes vice versa too.

EDIT:  I also want to say i did not read his last thread even though basil sent it to me.  But i do agree with this thread.  That we all need to be a little more lenient on peoples opinions.  Although bashing should never be allowed.

Sorry for not explaining my point in further detail. I didn't mean to imply that people actually know each other here, form "groups," or anything. What I meant was that the reactions from the community more closely resembles the way your peers or friends would react to what you say. Not like a properly functioning society would. Because that is not what these forums are.

Yeah we should be more tolerant of people's opinions. That's a basic human problem, not a VGC problem. I won't be leadnig the crusade on here to solve humanity's problems. :P

lol  I can agree with that haha  Some people do need to calm down with the console wars though.  We all play games here and it shouldn't matter for what console or PC.  But I do agree with you.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Rudisha said:

Basil, you seem like you may be intelligent so please reread my post. I only bashed said I hated consoles and the corporation. Just pieces of plastic and a beaurocratic institution who just wants to make money. Why do people feel offended that I hate this things? Why are people so invested in products that don't care about them. Moreover, I did not bash an entire fanbase. I simply said Sony FANBOYS were the worst fanboys of the bunch.

1. Flamebait and trolling. Posts or signatures slamming a particular platform without basis - be it a specific console, macs, windows, or anything similar - will not be tolerated. This applies to specific games as well as consoles.
    • You always have the right to express your opinion, as long as it is relevant to the thread topic, and you do so in a civil manner, justifying what you say. If you want to discuss something other than the thread topic, make your own thread.
    • The forums are here for gamers of all persuasions, so unless you're in a thread specifically geared towards platform comparison/discussion, keep your anti-platform comments out of the thread. Note that there is a difference between having a reasonable argument in the correct thread and trolling.
    • Similarly, do not create threads, posts or signatures just to bait people of a specific fan group. Bait threads will be locked and you will be moderated for them. If you spend a lot of time making hit-and-run negative threads or posts about a specific platform you will also be moderated at the discretion of the moderators.

-------------

You did call out the entire fanbase. Fanboy/Fan , whatever - your intentions are clear as day especially when you mentioned people posting Kaz gifs which again almost EVERY single Sony Fan posted on this site whether they are pure Sony fans or multiplat fans.

Basil, you need to read the rules again and then read my posts. It says I have the right to express my opinion, as long as it is civil and justified. I followed these rules. I expressed my opinion (I hate Sony), I was civil (I neve insulted anyone), and I justified it with extensive support. Again I did not bait all Sony fans. I simply said Sony fanboys were the worst.

If someone made a thread like yours about Nintendo or MS then they would get banned. I do not see why bad threads about Sony should get a free pass.

KHlover said:
Rudisha said:
KHlover said:
Sure, Hit and Run threads are the perfect way to improve the community...(the last one, not this one)

I did not "hit" anyone, if by "hit", you mean offending or insulting someone. Why would someone feel insulted by my opinion. Is it the case on VGChartz that you can't give an opinion if to unpopular. And the only reason I "run" is because most people either raged the thread or just ridiculed it altogether. They weren't worth responding to. There were a few people with valid counter arguments but by the time I tried to reply to them, my thread was locked.

It was clear that Sony fans would be riled up by your thread (whether this was intentional I can't judge yet, not seen enough threads by you) - this is the "Hit" part.

You then proceeded to log off and not log back  on again until after the thread was locked, not clarifying any of your statements or actually arguing with the Sony fans you riled up and only logging on again after the thread was locked - this is the "run" part.

See this is. Exactly the problem. My thread was not inherently bad. The bad thing is that Sony fans would get riled up. We should not be discriminated against simply because other people can't accept opinions. Like I said, the first posts responded with ridicule and tagging posts. The serious posts were later but I was too late to respond.

KHlover said:
JayWood2010 said:
Ok, obviously the OP said something in previous threads that has left a bad taste in people's mouths and makes him come off as being hypocritical. Can someone explain to me what he did in a short version?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5367585

Maybe not the best example, but I think he was just plain rude and will keep it in mind.

I should probably just read his thread to see what he said.  I just really don't want to haha

Around the Network
Rudisha said:
KHlover said:

See this is. Exactly the problem. My thread was not inherently bad. The bad thing is that Sony fans would get riled up. We should not be discriminated against simply because other people can't accept opinions. Like I said, the first posts responded with ridicule and tagging posts. The serious posts were later but I was too late to respond.

Be honest about things.  While making the thread did you know it would rile up sony fans?  If so then you have nothing to defend.  Just because you don't like sony, doesn't mean you should go and tell everybody.  I don't like Apple but I don't go around telling everybody about it.

JayWood2010 said:
KHlover said:
JayWood2010 said:
Ok, obviously the OP said something in previous threads that has left a bad taste in people's mouths and makes him come off as being hypocritical. Can someone explain to me what he did in a short version?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5367585

Maybe not the best example, but I think he was just plain rude and will keep it in mind.

I should probably just read his thread to see what he said.  I just really don't want to haha

Here ya go^^

Basil. You are a lost cause. You need to re-evaluate your purpose on this site. Maybe one day you will see the truth.

Rudisha said:
KHlover said:
Rudisha said:
KHlover said:
Sure, Hit and Run threads are the perfect way to improve the community...(the last one, not this one)

I did not "hit" anyone, if by "hit", you mean offending or insulting someone. Why would someone feel insulted by my opinion. Is it the case on VGChartz that you can't give an opinion if to unpopular. And the only reason I "run" is because most people either raged the thread or just ridiculed it altogether. They weren't worth responding to. There were a few people with valid counter arguments but by the time I tried to reply to them, my thread was locked.

It was clear that Sony fans would be riled up by your thread (whether this was intentional I can't judge yet, not seen enough threads by you) - this is the "Hit" part.

You then proceeded to log off and not log back  on again until after the thread was locked, not clarifying any of your statements or actually arguing with the Sony fans you riled up and only logging on again after the thread was locked - this is the "run" part.

I'm being completely honest when I say that your poor use of logic was deserving of ridicule.  Just from reading Basil's quotes, I can see that much of what you said makes very little sense.  For example, if you "hate all thieves", you would certainly hate Microsoft, as they've had some of the most ruthless business practices ever.  Or the idea of having an "ulterior motive", you certainly know that Microsoft got into the console business for reasons other than gaming?

More than that, though, you're a person who "hates" a video game company, who is calling people out for caring too much about the videogame industry?  I mean, what?  That doesn't even ... what?  You would appear to be the one who cares far, far too deeply than is normal.

I still have to check the other thread, but apparently OP has no right to call for sensibility.

However, I do think he has a post. Video Games forums as part of the interwebz has a very low level of debate, and most of the time it's childish arguments trying to prove that mine is bigger than yours. Sometimes it does involve women (so it's not a gender thing)

I remember a situation, can't say who it was, because I really can't remember who it was, but he said that Nintendo fans usually won the debates because, around VGC, they had a lot of older members so they knew better how to debate. My mind was blown ever since that phrase.

And, what Nikkom said.