By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Frustrated with the Xbox One? That’s okay, because Microsoft isn’t building its next system for you

sales2099 said:
maverick40 said:
sales2099 said:
maverick40 said:
sales2099 said:
Subie_Greg said:
sales2099 said:

Actually rumors said it was PGR5. Forza 5 was a bit of a surprise to be honest.

You know E3 is 2 weeks away. Like, 2 weeks. 14 days approx. It isn't a long gap. MS specifically said the games will be reserved for E3.

Think about it....an E3 with no COD, sports, and feature presentations taking up valuable time....MS allready got those points out of the way. I mean, cmon, even you can see that logically, their E3 will be better with the fluff allready talked about.

People aren't really upset about the lack of games. Sure they are complaining about it same as the shitty Xbox One name. And how "TV" was focused on more than games.

But the real reason for the butthurt is the used games, required internet connection, and kinect B.S. 

Sure Microsoft may have set the bar so low prior to E3 that it will be easy to go above it in 2 weeks. Honestly not sure what games they could show at E3 that will make people not care about the real butthurt

And hey, worst case, this new/used game, required internet stuff, it can be all fixed with a firmware update. Plenty time for MS to get their act together.

You are being way too resonable and level headed, are you ok? ;)

lol....thanks? :P

Its easy to get caught up in hate and the bandwagon and think with your emotions. I will just sit back, relax, and watch this whole thing sort itself out. The fix is as easy as a firmware update, I just keep telling myself that

It is an easy firmware update but are Microsoft going to back down on things they openly admitted at their launch conference? The problems seem to be the very ethos of the console itself. 

Companies change things all the time. Sony once said rumble was last gen. That changed. So they wen't back on a previous business call, any corporation is free to make amendments down the road if it is for the better.

Around the Network

But arent most of these media features already implemented in other devices and even done better? IE smartTVs Tablets, etc.?

maverick40 said:
sales2099 said:

Companies change things all the time. Sony once said rumble was last gen. That changed. So they wen't back on a previous business call, any corporation is free to make amendments down the road if it is for the better.

Cant see anything

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

the2real4mafol said:
I'm sorry but you don't announce a console and for the first 20 minutes talk about features that are available elsewhere. So what if you watch TV on it, why does it need to do that? Why should i care about Kinect? Why tell us that it can do skype at the conference? It's built for games and it should show that. They are foolish to not try to sell it to their core base, gamers. I wanted this to be a great competition to the Wii U and PS4 but they have really shot themselves in the foot. Haven't they seen the damage ignoring the key audience did with the Wii?

Personally, i want a device that does it job perfectly than be an average jack of all trades. Is that too much to ask?

Playstation

kowenicki said:
I think perhaps gamers need to get over themselves.

Yeah i mean, its not a gamer website after all.

Its like going to a bar and telling people upset that they dont serve beer to get over themselves and drink orange juice.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
the2real4mafol said:
I'm sorry but you don't announce a console and for the first 20 minutes talk about features that are available elsewhere. So what if you watch TV on it, why does it need to do that? Why should i care about Kinect? Why tell us that it can do skype at the conference? It's built for games and it should show that. They are foolish to not try to sell it to their core base, gamers. I wanted this to be a great competition to the Wii U and PS4 but they have really shot themselves in the foot. Haven't they seen the damage ignoring the key audience did with the Wii?

Personally, i want a device that does it job perfectly than be an average jack of all trades. Is that too much to ask?

Playstation

Or Nintendo for that matter, both of which i will get at one point or another. Microsoft's focus on multimedia is still depressing for what is a gaming console

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

sales2099 said:
Osc89 said:
sales2099 said:
Ji99saw said:
sales2099 said:

The one thing MS has going for them is that the thing didn't launch yet and haven't shown their upcoming games en masse. They can see perception and try to fix it.

If this persists after launch, then we have a huge problem.

I know your a fan of Xbox but I also know your a true gamer first, how does none of this rub you the wrong way?  I know you admire Microsoft as a Company but your a consumer first. Are you willing to pay Microsoft more money to do exactly what you can do now for free? Or pay all your subscription fees and then pay Microsoft more money to use what you just payed for? Think of it from a gamer/consumer perspective is that a Company you want to support?

To be clear, my opinions are only my own. Also, on a fanboi note, as the "leader" I must show solidarity. To falter means that there truly is no hope.Now, let's be serious here.

I like Halo. Love the lore. That MS is making a live action TV series is nothing short of a dream come true for me. For that, they have my loyalty for the forseable future. Sony, nor Nintendo care enough to truly go that far with their IP's. So that is why I stick with MS now. They listened to me: the Halo fan. I don't care that this isn't news to millions of non-Halo fans, but it certainly means something to me.

Secondly, I am NOT a early adopter, in all things in life. I wait for the early adopter kinks to work themselves out, a price drop, and maybe even a slim redesign before I take the plunge. These things don't bother me, because in all likelihood, they won't be a problem when I decide to buy one down the road.

I think they care. I mean Sony are making films for Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, God of War and Heavenly Sword off the top of my head. 

By that comment I meant something truly broader.

There are 11 Halo novels (another on the way), about 6 graphic novels (another annoucned this month), 2 short story novels, Forward Unto Dawn (essentially a movie at 1hr/half minutes), and now a guaranteed 1 seasons worth of a TV series.

MS gets money and the fans get what they love. I have never seen such dedication to a select fanbase. And unlike things like Star Wars that have been completely dumbed down, 343 is extremely strict with how the lore is portrayed. Again, for that, MS has my loyalty for the foreseable future.

While I respect that (especially if they managed to maintain a high standard across all media, as I haven't personally read any of it) I'm not sure it is that unique. Take Mario; it has TV series, anime, comics, manga, a film and endless merchandise. Zelda has a similar amount, with books and concerts as well. Newer series, like Uncharted and Resistance, have novels and comics as well. It seems to be pretty common across the industry.

I hope you are right about the dedication to the fanbase. The XO reveal was a bit worrying. While the idea of a Halo TV series is amazing, I don't like the idea of the series becoming more TV show than game series.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

sales2099 said:

And hey, worst case, this new/used game, required internet stuff, it can be all fixed with a firmware update. Plenty time for MS to get their act together.

I don't think Microsoft has a set time-frame atm.

The way DRM works on the Xbox One is essentially the same as the way it works on the Xbox 360, the major component difference is that built into the Xbox One (and a part of Windows 8 RT) is an authentication process for software.  When each console is created, there is a hard-coded key generated for it.  The software checks this key, determines whether it's legitimate, as well as a few other checks, and authenticates locally.  At some point in the process, the Xbox One has to check in and verify the software key at home.

It doesn't actually do this just for games, it does this for every aspect of the software, including the OS.  Unlike with any prior version of Windows or even Xbox OS, the Xbox One validates itself constantly to ensure that the software hasn't been tampered with.  You can think of this as anti-consumer, but in a much wider scope it exists to ensure that the integrity of the system (the OS) remains intact all the time.  So, for example, a virus or malware can't infect and infiltrate the system. 

I don't know why it has been suggested 24 hours, because there are two givens here.  One, there is no need to check to phone home every 24 hours.  The system can authenticate itself locally.  It can be dialed back to once a week or even once a month.  Second, functionality can be limited based on the key given by the software.  A retail copy can have a key that allows certain functionality until authenticated, and a downloadable copy can allow other functionality until authenticated.

Given this bit of information, I don't think Microsoft has these plans worked out entirely.  Therefore, I think that's why you have part of Microsoft saying relativley little about the subject, and then you have Phil. 

the2real4mafol said:
oniyide said:
the2real4mafol said:

Playstation

Or Nintendo for that matter, both of which i will get at one point or another. Microsoft's focus on multimedia is still depressing for what is a gaming console

thats a viable option, I guess if i had to get one, it would be one  of those two

sony has nothing to wrorry about. i will never buy the new xbox one

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3