By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Frustrated with the Xbox One? That’s okay, because Microsoft isn’t building its next system for you

sales2099 said:
Subie_Greg said:
sales2099 said:
Subie_Greg said:
sales2099 said:

Actually rumors said it was PGR5. Forza 5 was a bit of a surprise to be honest.

You know E3 is 2 weeks away. Like, 2 weeks. 14 days approx. It isn't a long gap. MS specifically said the games will be reserved for E3.

Think about it....an E3 with no COD, sports, and feature presentations taking up valuable time....MS allready got those points out of the way. I mean, cmon, even you can see that logically, their E3 will be better with the fluff allready talked about.

People aren't really upset about the lack of games. Sure they are complaining about it same as the shitty Xbox One name. And how "TV" was focused on more than games.

But the real reason for the butthurt is the used games, required internet connection, and kinect B.S. 

Sure Microsoft may have set the bar so low prior to E3 that it will be easy to go above it in 2 weeks. Honestly not sure what games they could show at E3 that will make people not care about the real butthurt

And hey, worst case, this new/used game, required internet stuff, it can be all fixed with a firmware update. Plenty time for MS to get their act together.

Thought about that. Then came to a different conclusion

What if Microsoft knows it will turn off many-a-consumer, but the folks that do buy it will be a good source of income? Maybe they don't sell 75 million consoles with the Xbox One, maybe only 50 Million. But those 50 million would bring in more per customer than the 75 million.

The 360 and Ps3 both suffered because the average consumer thought they were basically the same machine. Each had a different controller, one played Halo/Gears/Forza, the other played Killzone/Uncharted/GT5. One played Blu-Ray, the other didn't. This one had early DLC for this game, the other for another game. Minor B.S. Overall similar machine

Could be good for both Microsoft and Sony. Though it seems better for Sony right now imo

The one thing MS has going for them is that the thing didn't launch yet and haven't shown their upcoming games en masse. They can see perception and try to fix it.

If this persists after launch, then we have a huge problem.

I know your a fan of Xbox but I also know your a true gamer first, how does none of this rub you the wrong way?  I know you admire Microsoft as a Company but your a consumer first. Are you willing to pay Microsoft more money to do exactly what you can do now for free? Or pay all your subscription fees and then pay Microsoft more money to use what you just payed for? Think of it from a gamer/consumer perspective is that a Company you want to support?

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
maverick40 said:
sales2099 said:
Subie_Greg said:
sales2099 said:

You know E3 is 2 weeks away. Like, 2 weeks. 14 days approx. It isn't a long gap. MS specifically said the games will be reserved for E3.

Think about it....an E3 with no COD, sports, and feature presentations taking up valuable time....MS allready got those points out of the way. I mean, cmon, even you can see that logically, their E3 will be better with the fluff allready talked about.

People aren't really upset about the lack of games. Sure they are complaining about it same as the shitty Xbox One name. And how "TV" was focused on more than games.

But the real reason for the butthurt is the used games, required internet connection, and kinect B.S. 

Sure Microsoft may have set the bar so low prior to E3 that it will be easy to go above it in 2 weeks. Honestly not sure what games they could show at E3 that will make people not care about the real butthurt

And hey, worst case, this new/used game, required internet stuff, it can be all fixed with a firmware update. Plenty time for MS to get their act together.

You are being way too resonable and level headed, are you ok? ;)

lol....thanks? :P

Its easy to get caught up in hate and the bandwagon and think with your emotions. I will just sit back, relax, and watch this whole thing sort itself out. The fix is as easy as a firmware update, I just keep telling myself that

It is an easy firmware update but are Microsoft going to back down on things they openly admitted at their launch conference? The problems seem to be the very ethos of the console itself. 

Ji99saw said:
sales2099 said:

The one thing MS has going for them is that the thing didn't launch yet and haven't shown their upcoming games en masse. They can see perception and try to fix it.

I know your a fan of Xbox but I also know your a true gamer first, how does none of this rub you the wrong way?  I know you admire Microsoft as a Company but your a consumer first. Are you willing to pay Microsoft more money to do exactly what you can do now for free? Or pay all your subscription fees and then pay Microsoft more money to use what you just payed for? Think of it from a gamer/consumer perspective is that a Company you want to support?

To be clear, my opinions are only my own. Also, on a fanboi note, as the "leader" I must show solidarity. To falter means that there truly is no hope.Now, let's be serious here.

I like Halo. Love the lore. That MS is making a live action TV series is nothing short of a dream come true for me. For that, they have my loyalty for the forseable future. Sony, nor Nintendo care enough to truly go that far with their IP's. So that is why I stick with MS now. They listened to me: the Halo fan. I don't care that this isn't news to millions of non-Halo fans, but it certainly means something to me.

Secondly, I am NOT a early adopter, in all things in life. I wait for the early adopter kinks to work themselves out, a price drop, and maybe even a slim redesign before I take the plunge. These things don't bother me, because in all likelihood, they won't be a problem when I decide to buy one down the road.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

maverick40 said:
sales2099 said:
maverick40 said:
sales2099 said:
Subie_Greg said:
sales2099 said:

You are being way too resonable and level headed, are you ok? ;)

lol....thanks? :P

Its easy to get caught up in hate and the bandwagon and think with your emotions. I will just sit back, relax, and watch this whole thing sort itself out. The fix is as easy as a firmware update, I just keep telling myself that

It is an easy firmware update but are Microsoft going to back down on things they openly admitted at their launch conference? The problems seem to be the very ethos of the console itself. 

Companies change things all the time. Sony once said rumble was last gen. That changed. So they wen't back on a previous business call, any corporation is free to make amendments down the road if it is for the better.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Title is a bit misleading, since its built for everyone. Gamers watch tv too ya know.

I know, crazy right? :P

Yes, gamers do watch TV, but gamers buy a console primarily to play games.

Most gamers won't have access to the TV features shown off in yesterdays event. This includes those not only in foreign countrires but even many here in the US who either don't have receivers, or will have incompatible ones.

It is not build for everyone, that is a myth. Microsoft says its built by gamers for gamers though. Kinda mixed message there.....

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Ji99saw said:
sales2099 said:

To be clear, my opinions are only my own. Also, on a fanboi note, as the "leader" I must show solidarity. To falter means that there truly is no hope.Now, let's be serious here.

I like Halo. Love the lore. That MS is making a live action TV series is nothing short of a dream come true for me. For that, they have my loyalty for the forseable future. Sony, nor Nintendo care enough to truly go that far with their IP's. So that is why I stick with MS now. They listened to me: the Halo fan. I don't care that this isn't news to millions of non-Halo fans, but it certainly means something to me.

Secondly, I am NOT a early adopter, in all things in life. I wait for the early adopter kinks to work themselves out, a price drop, and maybe even a slim redesign before I take the plunge. These things don't bother me, because in all likelihood, they won't be a problem when I decide to buy one down the road.

I think they care. I mean Sony are making films for Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, God of War and Heavenly Sword off the top of my head. 

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Adinnieken said:

How do full installs negatively impact you?  It allows you to insert the game, play the game while it is copying it to the hard drive, and then put the disc away so it won't be damaged anymore.

You could do pretty much the same on the 360 already, the difference was that you weren't forced to do so.

And I still remember many Xbox enthusiasts criticized that a few PS3 games require installing part of their data to the hard drive, while Microsoft completetly forbade mandatory installs. Now the Nextbox makes installing to harddisk mandatory for all games, but this is not an issue at all?

kowenicki said:
best part of the article, and all that needs to be said really...

"So make no mistake; Microsoft is gearing the Xbox One as an all-in-one set-top box, that just so happens to have some of the most powerful and robust video game hardware under the hood."

whats wrong with that?

How about the fact that gamers, the ones that pony up $500 for launch consoles and will be early adopters, are being treated as second-class citizens?

Here's how I see it. The Xbox One is an entertainment box that just happens to play the most popular games out there such as Call of Duty. The PS4 is a gamign console that just happens to have the most popular services on it like Netflix and Hulu.

Despite sharing similar specs, the two consoles couldn't be so different. The message that is being communicated the Sony and Microsoft are polar opposites. We all saw the reactions to both reveals. I think its safe to say which console the "niche hardcore crowd" will support. This is the same niche hardcore crowd that propelled the Xbox brand to what it is today.

Osc89 said:
sales2099 said:
Ji99saw said:
sales2099 said:

I think they care. I mean Sony are making films for Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, God of War and Heavenly Sword off the top of my head. 

By that comment I meant something truly broader.

There are 11 Halo novels (another on the way), about 6 graphic novels (another annoucned this month), 2 short story novels, Forward Unto Dawn (essentially a movie at 1hr/half minutes), and now a guaranteed 1 seasons worth of a TV series.

MS gets money and the fans get what they love. I have never seen such dedication to a select fanbase. And unlike things like Star Wars that have been completely dumbed down, 343 is extremely strict with how the lore is portrayed. Again, for that, MS has my loyalty for the foreseable future.

I'm sorry but you don't announce a console and for the first 20 minutes talk about features that are available elsewhere. So what if you watch TV on it, why does it need to do that? Why should i care about Kinect? Why tell us that it can do skype at the conference? It's built for games and it should show that. They are foolish to not try to sell it to their core base, gamers. I wanted this to be a great competition to the Wii U and PS4 but they have really shot themselves in the foot. Haven't they seen the damage ignoring the key audience did with the Wii?

Personally, i want a device that does it job perfectly than be an average jack of all trades. Is that too much to ask?

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018