By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Frustrated with the Xbox One? That’s okay, because Microsoft isn’t building its next system for you

Article said:

"So make no mistake; Microsoft is gearing the Xbox One as an all-in-one set-top box, that just so happens to have some of the most powerful and robust video game hardware under the hood"

Please excuse me whilst I cry my eyes out over how I'm getting a games console that gives me value for my money.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
maverick40 said:
sales2099 said:
maverick40 said:
sales2099 said:
maverick40 said:
sales2099 said:
maverick40 said:
kowenicki said:
best part of the article, and all that needs to be said really...

"So make no mistake; Microsoft is gearing the Xbox One as an all-in-one set-top box, that just so happens to have some of the most powerful and robust video game hardware under the hood."

whats wrong with that?

Funny enough it doesn't. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-spec-analysis-xbox-one

It didnt say "the most powerful", it said "some of the most powerful".

But it ISN'T the most powerfull and it won't have the most amount of varied indie and exclusive games either. So what is it's selling point exactly? A glorified source button on a tv? 

Nobody is claiming it is.......only that it is among the most powerful.

The exclusive part is pure speculation and you shouldn't talk like its fact. Varied? Just because fps doesnt get the spotlight on PS consoles, doesn't change that fps are the highest selling genre. Just saying. XBLA is extremely varied, but right, its not retail so you don't count it. Sigh

Its a all-in-one media box, not that I had to tell you (maybe I did). Whether that appeals to you or not doesnt concern me...but don't write it off to people that wouldn't mind having that convienence.

The PS3 and the 360 are an all media box!!! News has just come in that Micrsoft will not allow Indie devs to self publish their games. This means, they are going to flock (they already are) to the Ps4 and to a lesser extent the Wii U (they also allow Indie devs to self publish).  

Its a even better media box.....I hope you are aware of the things One can do over a 360 (or maybe you got caught up in the negative bandwagon you didn't see the actual features?)

I read the indie news, MS will still get their indie games. Its not like its gonna dry up. To think that would be very naive.

Oh they will get Indie games alright, but not the Majority of them by the sounds of things. Yeah I watched the conference of course and I was not excited in the slightest except for a new forza but we all knew that was coming. They spent more of their time talking bullshit about tv and NFL and of course.....Halo Tv series. Nothing to do with games for 70% of the conference. 

Actually rumors said it was PGR5. Forza 5 was a bit of a surprise to be honest.

You know E3 is 2 weeks away. Like, 2 weeks. 14 days approx. It isn't a long gap. MS specifically said the games will be reserved for E3.

Think about it....an E3 with no COD, sports, and feature presentations taking up valuable time....MS allready got those points out of the way. I mean, cmon, even you can see that logically, their E3 will be better with the fluff allready talked about.

People aren't really upset about the lack of games. Sure they are complaining about it same as the shitty Xbox One name. And how "TV" was focused on more than games.

But the real reason for the butthurt is the used games, required internet connection, and kinect B.S. 

Sure Microsoft may have set the bar so low prior to E3 that it will be easy to go above it in 2 weeks. Honestly not sure what games they could show at E3 that will make people not care about the real butthurt

Skeeuk said:
for me anyhow if these stories are true regarding blocking used games always on, always having full installs, i wont be buying

i guess e3 is the next stop to see how the console will pan out

How do full installs negatively impact you?  It allows you to insert the game, play the game while it is copying it to the hard drive, and then put the disc away so it won't be damaged anymore.  Not ONLY that, but then you can go to your friends house, without the game disc, set down to his console, log in yourself into his console (while he's still logged in) and play the game you own without inserting a single disc into his machine.

Subie_Greg said:
sales2099 said:

You know E3 is 2 weeks away. Like, 2 weeks. 14 days approx. It isn't a long gap. MS specifically said the games will be reserved for E3.

Think about it....an E3 with no COD, sports, and feature presentations taking up valuable time....MS allready got those points out of the way. I mean, cmon, even you can see that logically, their E3 will be better with the fluff allready talked about.

People aren't really upset about the lack of games. Sure they are complaining about it same as the shitty Xbox One name. And how "TV" was focused on more than games.

But the real reason for the butthurt is the used games, required internet connection, and kinect B.S. 

Sure Microsoft may have set the bar so low prior to E3 that it will be easy to go above it in 2 weeks. Honestly not sure what games they could show at E3 that will make people not care about the real butthurt

And hey, worst case, this new/used game, required internet stuff, it can be all fixed with a firmware update. Plenty time for MS to get their act together.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

So I can pretty much do exactly what I can do presently, but now I have pleasure to pay Microsoft more money?

Seems Legit

BTW anyone protecting companies that are trying to rip you off while actively spitting, shitting, and pissing on you should be ashamed

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
best part of the article, and all that needs to be said really...

"So make no mistake; Microsoft is gearing the Xbox One as an all-in-one set-top box, that just so happens to have some of the most powerful and robust video game hardware under the hood."

whats wrong with that?

well, the phrase per-se is nice, but it is a lie, considering the most powerful video game hardware is a PC, but console-wise the PS4.

sales2099 said:
Subie_Greg said:
sales2099 said:

And hey, worst case, this new/used game, required internet stuff, it can be all fixed with a firmware update. Plenty time for MS to get their act together.

Thought about that. Then came to a different conclusion

What if Microsoft knows it will turn off many-a-consumer, but the folks that do buy it will be a good source of income? Maybe they don't sell 75 million consoles with the Xbox One, maybe only 50 Million. But those 50 million would bring in more per customer than the 75 million.

The 360 and Ps3 both suffered because the average consumer thought they were basically the same machine. Each had a different controller, one played Halo/Gears/Forza, the other played Killzone/Uncharted/GT5. One played Blu-Ray, the other didn't. This one had early DLC for this game, the other for another game. Minor B.S. Overall similar machine

Could be good for both Microsoft and Sony. Though it seems better for Sony right now imo

Subie_Greg said:
sales2099 said:
Subie_Greg said:
sales2099 said:

Thought about that. Then came to a different conclusion

What if Microsoft knows it will turn off many-a-consumer, but the folks that do buy it will be a good source of income? Maybe they don't sell 75 million consoles with the Xbox One, maybe only 50 Million. But those 50 million would bring in more per customer than the 75 million.

The 360 and Ps3 both suffered because the average consumer thought they were basically the same machine. Each had a different controller, one played Halo/Gears/Forza, the other played Killzone/Uncharted/GT5. One played Blu-Ray, the other didn't. This one had early DLC for this game, the other for another game. Minor B.S. Overall similar machine

Could be good for both Microsoft and Sony. Though it seems better for Sony right now imo

The one thing MS has going for them is that the thing didn't launch yet and haven't shown their upcoming games en masse. They can see perception and try to fix it.

If this persists after launch, then we have a huge problem.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Subie_Greg said:
sales2099 said:

You are being way too resonable and level headed, are you ok? ;)

maverick40 said:
sales2099 said:
Subie_Greg said:
sales2099 said:

You are being way too resonable and level headed, are you ok? ;)

lol....thanks? :P

Its easy to get caught up in hate and the bandwagon and think with your emotions. I will just sit back, relax, and watch this whole thing sort itself out. The fix is as easy as a firmware update, I just keep telling myself that