By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Frustrated with the Xbox One? That’s okay, because Microsoft isn’t building its next system for you

lol'd hard.

Around the Network

one observation i have noticed, most people were pretty jazzed after the PS4 announcements with little complaints about not seeing the system or certain games.

Its like Armageddon after the XB1 conference. Its like EA is making a console now, that how i feel about M$.

Also, my mom and sis already have a x360 with kinect and they do actively play on it, but they are casuals, they dont know anything about the new xb1, nor would they care. I think almost this could end up being a WiiU situation, especially if their games are as far behind as some sites have reported. My instincts tell me to wait this one out for a few years, disregarding a KI release.

Plus i think that its nice and flashy but i think they are wasting system resources on all that other jazz other than games. this could be an issue a few years down the road when developers really start using all that power, it might get a little laggy then.

sales2099 said:
maverick40 said:
sales2099 said:
maverick40 said:
kowenicki said:
best part of the article, and all that needs to be said really...

"So make no mistake; Microsoft is gearing the Xbox One as an all-in-one set-top box, that just so happens to have some of the most powerful and robust video game hardware under the hood."

whats wrong with that?

Funny enough it doesn't. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-spec-analysis-xbox-one

It didnt say "the most powerful", it said "some of the most powerful".

But it ISN'T the most powerfull and it won't have the most amount of varied indie and exclusive games either. So what is it's selling point exactly? A glorified source button on a tv? 

Nobody is claiming it is.......only that it is among the most powerful.

The exclusive part is pure speculation and you shouldn't talk like its fact. Varied? Just because fps doesnt get the spotlight on PS consoles, doesn't change that fps are the highest selling genre. Just saying. XBLA is extremely varied, but right, its not retail so you don't count it. Sigh

Its a all-in-one media box, not that I had to tell you (maybe I did). Whether that appeals to you or not doesnt concern me...but don't write it off to people that wouldn't mind having that convienence.

The PS3 and the 360 are an all media box!!! News has just come in that Micrsoft will not allow Indie devs to self publish their games. This means, they are going to flock (they already are) to the Ps4 and to a lesser extent the Wii U (they also allow Indie devs to self publish).  

kowenicki said:
maverick40 said:
kowenicki said:
maverick40 said:
kowenicki said:

"So make no mistake; Microsoft is gearing the Xbox One as an all-in-one set-top box, that just so happens to have some of the most powerful and robust video game hardware under the hood."

whats wrong with that?

Funny enough it doesn't. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-spec-analysis-xbox-one

some of the most...

tell me how many consoles are stronger on the market today?

none.

and in the future...

1 possibly.

just like the xbox 360 situation then

awesome!!

Stronger on the market today? What? 

In the future the Ps4 will be more powerfull and have the most variety in games. 

do you want to read my post again....

I don't think he understands lol. 

maverick40 said:
sales2099 said:
maverick40 said:
sales2099 said:
maverick40 said:
kowenicki said:

whats wrong with that?

But it ISN'T the most powerfull and it won't have the most amount of varied indie and exclusive games either. So what is it's selling point exactly? A glorified source button on a tv? 

The exclusive part is pure speculation and you shouldn't talk like its fact. Varied? Just because fps doesnt get the spotlight on PS consoles, doesn't change that fps are the highest selling genre. Just saying. XBLA is extremely varied, but right, its not retail so you don't count it. Sigh

Its a all-in-one media box, not that I had to tell you (maybe I did). Whether that appeals to you or not doesnt concern me...but don't write it off to people that wouldn't mind having that convienence.

The PS3 and the 360 are an all media box!!! News has just come in that Micrsoft will not allow Indie devs to self publish their games. This means, they are going to flock (they already are) to the Ps4 and to a lesser extent the Wii U (they also allow Indie devs to self publish).  

Its a even better media box.....I hope you are aware of the things One can do over a 360 (or maybe you got caught up in the negative bandwagon you didn't see the actual features?)

I read the indie news, MS will still get their indie games. Its not like its gonna dry up. To think that would be very naive.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Wel will see what happens at the ned of the year i guess. I wonder how it will do without RROD sales. which i accounted for 3.

sales2099 said:
maverick40 said:
sales2099 said:
maverick40 said:
sales2099 said:
maverick40 said:
kowenicki said:

whats wrong with that?

Its a even better media box.....I hope you are aware of the things One can do over a 360 (or maybe you got caught up in the negative bandwagon you didn't see the actual features?)

I read the indie news, MS will still get their indie games. Its not like its gonna dry up. To think that would be very naive.

Oh they will get Indie games alright, but not the Majority of them by the sounds of things. Yeah I watched the conference of course and I was not excited in the slightest except for a new forza but we all knew that was coming. They spent more of their time talking bullshit about tv and NFL and of course.....Halo Tv series. Nothing to do with games for 70% of the conference. 

Great. The console wars are back. Where ignorant teenagers make incorrect statements in forums about baseless rumors or unconfirmed statements.

Yay!

All I care about is the experience of instant entertainment for all of my media, including games. From the sounds of it, Xbox One will be the best for mine and so many other people's desired experiences.

Subie_Greg said:

I think people need to stop defending companies that shit on the consumers

Apparently we need to get over ourselves and be content with a video game system that, if these reports are true, we cannot play games on.  

maverick40 said:
sales2099 said:
maverick40 said:
sales2099 said:
maverick40 said:
sales2099 said:
maverick40 said:
kowenicki said:

whats wrong with that?

Oh they will get Indie games alright, but not the Majority of them by the sounds of things. Yeah I watched the conference of course and I was not excited in the slightest except for a new forza but we all knew that was coming. They spent more of their time talking bullshit about tv and NFL and of course.....Halo Tv series. Nothing to do with games for 70% of the conference. 

Actually rumors said it was PGR5. Forza 5 was a bit of a surprise to be honest.

You know E3 is 2 weeks away. Like, 2 weeks. 14 days approx. It isn't a long gap. MS specifically said the games will be reserved for E3.

Think about it....an E3 with no COD, sports, and feature presentations taking up valuable time....MS allready got those points out of the way. I mean, cmon, even you can see that logically, their E3 will be better with the fluff allready talked about.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.