By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox One leads amazon.de charts / Most wished item in UK and US

If it were the PS4 that were leading Amazon.de charts you would have downplayers in here saying completely different.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
If it were the PS4 that were leading Amazon.de charts you would have downplayers in here saying completely different.

Of course because the ps4 is way better than everything else :) "Good news MS related?! Naah... this can't be right..." "Good news for Son?! Epic! Wow, that's so awesome! Finally considering core-gamers has an effect! 8 GB GDDR5!"

DirtyP2002 said:
VGKing said:
smbu2000 said:
VGKing said:
Weird that people are pre-ordering now since there really is no way to ensure they will get it. The price is a place holder that is likely to drop. There isn't even any guarantee it will come out this year. Microsoft doesn't even know how many they'll have available yet.

In the reveal presentation, they announced that it would be available later this year.

There are no guarantees. The majority of stock will be reserved for the US then the UK. The larger markets take priority.

You know that your arguments are just ...weird?
Yeah, it MIGHT happen that the Xbox One suddenly won't be released this year. It might happen a space ship with Elvis on board crashes in the white house.

And in case there actually ARE shortages in smaller markets of the world, you still ask yourself why people preorder the console. The answer is, because their might be shortages. Crazy, huh?

That's a....weird comparison. Comparing a likely scenario to a fantasy one.

Some people easily part with their money I guess. I wouldn't pre-order something so far in advance.

walsufnir said:
Somini said:
walsufnir said:
Rafux said:
walsufnir said:
Rafux said:
amazon.de is a great indicator, bright future ahead

For Germany it *is* big and a great indicator. Especially bigger than any social media hype.

What's up with your point? Of course this doesn't tell anything more than hype in Germany.

No is not, amazon (any country) is never an accurate indicator and just look at the number 2 spot there.

yeah, whatever you say...

You know he's right.

Amazon, especially amazon.de is hardly a good indicator of things to come. Almost everything that's just added or about to release shoots up to the top to stay there for a couple of days. Now if it managed to stay up there till the console's release i would actually be impressed.

especially amazon.de? Are you German? What are your arguments for this? Oh there is none? Fine, good night.

God no, i'm dutch and proud of it.

I've been following the gaming industry for a while now and i shop a lot at amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.de and amazon.fr. So i know what i'm talking about very well.

That enought for you or do you have some more anecdotal evidence you want to bring up?

Nsanity said:

If it were PS4 that were leading Amazon.de charts you would have downplayed it saying it's anecdotal evidence.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
DirtyP2002 said:
VGKing said:
smbu2000 said:
VGKing said:
Weird that people are pre-ordering now since there really is no way to ensure they will get it. The price is a place holder that is likely to drop. There isn't even any guarantee it will come out this year. Microsoft doesn't even know how many they'll have available yet.

In the reveal presentation, they announced that it would be available later this year.

There are no guarantees. The majority of stock will be reserved for the US then the UK. The larger markets take priority.

Yeah, it MIGHT happen that the Xbox One suddenly won't be released this year. It might happen a space ship with Elvis on board crashes in the white house.

And in case there actually ARE shortages in smaller markets of the world, you still ask yourself why people preorder the console. The answer is, because their might be shortages. Crazy, huh?

Some people easily part with their money I guess. I wouldn't pre-order something so far in advance.

Yeah, very likely that MS just lied to us yesterday.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Somini said:
walsufnir said:
Somini said:
walsufnir said:
Rafux said:
walsufnir said:
Rafux said:
amazon.de is a great indicator, bright future ahead

For Germany it *is* big and a great indicator. Especially bigger than any social media hype.

What's up with your point? Of course this doesn't tell anything more than hype in Germany.

No is not, amazon (any country) is never an accurate indicator and just look at the number 2 spot there.

yeah, whatever you say...

You know he's right.

Amazon, especially amazon.de is hardly a good indicator of things to come. Almost everything that's just added or about to release shoots up to the top to stay there for a couple of days. Now if it managed to stay up there till the console's release i would actually be impressed.

especially amazon.de? Are you German? What are your arguments for this? Oh there is none? Fine, good night.

God no, i'm dutch and proud of it.

I've been following the gaming industry for a while now and i shop a lot at amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.de and amazon.fr. So i know what i'm talking about very well.

That enought for you or do you have some more anecdotal evidence you want to bring up?

Still not convincing me but who cares anyway. Neither me, nor you take any important role in sales-numbers and we won't agree on this anyway so you keep your opinion, I keep mine and we let time tell.

walsufnir said:
Nsanity said:

Of course because the ps4 is way better than everything else :) "Good news MS related?! Naah... this can't be right..." "Good news for Son?! Epic! Wow, that's so awesome! Finally considering core-gamers has an effect! 8 GB GDDR5!"

Calm down. This isn't worth you getting so worked up about.

OT: Good for it, but like many said, doesn't mean much.

DirtyP2002 said:

If you say so.

There's a reason they didn't announce launch details yet, its because they aren't finalized yet and likely to change.

VGKing said:
DirtyP2002 said:
VGKing said:
DirtyP2002 said:
VGKing said:
smbu2000 said:
VGKing said:

If you say so.

There's a reason they didn't announce launch details yet, its because they aren't finalized yet and likely to change.

"Xbox One will launch later this year. Worldwide."

What do you think will happen?
Damn, you are trying too hard.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...