By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One and Used Games (From Larry Hryb)

May 21st 2013 4:11 pm PT

Xbox One and Used Games

We know there is some confusion around used games on Xbox One and wanted to provide a bit of clarification on exactly what we’ve confirmed today. While there have been many potential scenarios discussed, today we have only confirmed that we designed Xbox One to enable our customers to trade in and resell games at retail.

Beyond that, we have not confirmed any specific scenarios.

Another piece of clarification around playing games at a friend’s house – should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile.

Xbox One By Larry Hryb, Xbox LIVE's Major Nelson

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Just found this :

No used games confirmed. GameStop doomed. Such a madness in order to kill piracy. Every day online + no used games, 3 GB RAM for OS, I cant belevie they bury Xbox One right now.

RenCutypoison said:
Just found this :

Priceless...

Who uses their account on a friends system? I know I don't trust my friends that way.

The whole point of lending games is to play it for yourself and get your own achievements/trophies. Microsoft knows this, I'm sure they have the data.

Around the Network

Still sounds like no used games. And I just read that live tv on xbox one will require an additional "supported receiver device with HDMI output" sold separately.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-live-tv-available-in-us-only-at-launch-requires-separate-device/

Things aren't looking good for MS right now. This blocking used games made me totally change my mind on the system. I have 2 360's at home and often go back and forth between them. I don't want to have to pay a fee to do that or have to keep moving the system back and forth.

maybe the reason why gamestop is happy is because they will allow you to sell the code to them over live and put the money onto your account.

so buy halo 4 put in code, months later trade in code over live for a price or discount and buy something else.

RenCutypoison said:
Just found this :

Lol

Surely even the most diehard Xbox fans are getting frustrated with all this?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

drkohler said:
RenCutypoison said:
Just found this :

Priceless...

What a complete meltdown, they are just twisting, spinning, and lying about this news but at the same time confriming it.....

They are done for if they go down this path. Its like they are trying to sell us crap on a stick.

And this is the only bad thing about this console, everthing else is fine. Just do us all a favor MS and allow used games without a fee. 

This is equal to PS3 $599. Become over cofident and screw up, works all the time.