By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony to The Rescue

After seeing the Xbox One reveal, I really don't see that thing selling well with all its DRM and always Kinected (Always online?) confirmed rumors.

And the Wii U is not doing any good right now. No 3rd party support + no casuals = poor sales

Sony is the only one that's focusing on the gamers and delivering to them what they want. And I think they will come out on top. And save us poor hardcore gamers :'(

Thoughts?

Around the Network

Well Sony stated they will leave the used game situation up to publishers so we will see something similar on PS4.

Thoughts? I'm waiting for Sony to confirm they aren't doing this DRM crap.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Its probably going to be very similar on ps4.

Steam to the rescue?

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Who said that Sony doesn't have the same idea of making the consumer pay for used games? They did, after all, get their base by pandering to 3rd party companies. They wouldn't want Microsoft to beat them at their own game...

I'd say it's a very sure thing that the PS4 will have similar mechanics.

Around the Network

I intend to buy a PS4 at some point, but it pains me to see third-party support become based on something as asinine as paying to play used games.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I see the same thing being implemented for the PS4.

Perhaps Sony will make an exception for their 1st party games?

If Sony announces used game fees and online subscriptions ala Xbox Live, would they still be focusing on gamers and giving you what you want?

If Sony announces something similar, I expect another gaming crash.

JGarret said:
I see the same thing being implemented for the PS4.

Perhaps Sony will make an exception for their 1st party games?

I think if Sony did that, 3rd parties might be alienated in thinking that they have to compete with Sony's first party titles at a lower cost..and I don't think Sony wants to get into a similar situation that Nintendo was in with the NES (In terms of alienating 3rd parties).

it's a pretty tricky middleground to achieve..

I doubt there will be a gaming crash because it has not happen on the PC. Actually the PC sells are growing and digital systems like steam does not allow you to sell your games either. If this system from MS bring down the cost of games on there system or allow them to do steam sells would people be opposed to 2nd hand game fees.