By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony to The Rescue

I really hope Sony doesn't implement this but if they do we all gamers should vote with our wallets. Until further announcements PS4 is looking good.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Well Sony stated they will leave the used game situation up to publishers so we will see something similar on PS4.

Hopefully they do that by telling publishers "if you want to block used games then go digital only" and leave it at that.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

JGarret said:
I see the same thing being implemented for the PS4.

Perhaps Sony will make an exception for their 1st party games?

If it's up to developers to implement these restrictions.  I can see a situation that I won't be buying games from certain companies while still buying from others.

Likely candidates for implementing these restrictions ?

Ubisoft and EA.

zumnupy10 said:
JGarret said:
I see the same thing being implemented for the PS4.

Perhaps Sony will make an exception for their 1st party games?

If it's up to developers to implement these restrictions.  I can see a situation that I won't be buying games from certain companies while still buying from others.

Likely candidates for implementing these restrictions ?

Ubisoft and EA.

Yeah, same here.

Not sure what Sony will do. If third parties put the gun on Sony's head and force them, then they will do exactly like MS to not lose support. I hope it doesn't happen though.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Thoughts? I'm waiting for Sony to confirm they aren't doing this DRM crap.

They already have a online pass for MP and that will continue... single player insted will continue the same too.

It is way too soon for Sony to say anything. Let Microsoft keep messing up until the last minute, don't give any advantages and just sit and enjoy the ride.

noname2200 said:

My thoughts? Sony hasn't shown much, and can still fuck things up too. Me, I'm hoping for the sweep!

I can't wait till Sony actually announces more of their console's specifics! Who knows what could come out of that.

And for the entire generation to actually start.

ethomaz said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Thoughts? I'm waiting for Sony to confirm they aren't doing this DRM crap.

They already have a online pass for MP and that will continue... single player insted will continue the same too.

Source? I honestly believe that Sony is going to follow suit as well because they want a good relationship with 3rd parties and while consumers are not happy with the used game situation for the XboXone, I guarantee you that 3rd parties are in love with it. They might not love it as the generation moves on, but for right now, if Sony doesn't do the same, 3rd parties could do the same to Sony that they are doing to Nintendo.

Booyah said:
Source? I honestly believe that Sony is going to follow suit as well because they want a good relationship with 3rd parties and while consumers are not happy with the used game situation for the XboXone, I guarantee you that 3rd parties are in love with it. They might not love it as the generation moves on, but for right now, if Sony doesn't do the same, 3rd parties could do the same to Sony that they are doing to Nintendo.

Source?

All first-party multiplayer games from Sony have online pass... Uncharted 3, Killzone 3, God of War: A, etc...