By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Confirmed: 3GB OF DDR3 ram in XBOX one will be used to run the OS

platformmaster918 said:
Shinobi-san said:
sniper989 said:
PS4 has 7GB of GDDR5, doesn't it? How do they compare?

PS4 has 8.

No1 knows how much is accessble to developers though. Most estimates are 1GB - 2GB.

what!?  Most estimates are not that at all!  GG already said they used over 3 for KZ Shadowfall and the OS wouldn't use more than 3.

Yeah sorry my bad

I meant 1 - 2 reserved for the OS.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
platformmaster918 said:
Shinobi-san said:
sniper989 said:
PS4 has 7GB of GDDR5, doesn't it? How do they compare?

PS4 has 8.

No1 knows how much is accessble to developers though. Most estimates are 1GB - 2GB.

what!?  Most estimates are not that at all!  GG already said they used over 3 for KZ Shadowfall and the OS wouldn't use more than 3.

Yeah sorry my bad

I meant 1 - 2 reserved for the OS.

oh I thought you were a troll haha.  Yeah that's what I'm thinking.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Bummer.

So only 5GB for Xbos One games but 7GB available to PS4 games?

You sure you understood those charts and articles correctly and there wasn't a misunderstanding?

Slimebeast said:
Bummer.

So only 5GB for Xbos One games but 7GB available to PS4 games?

You sure you understood those charts and articles correctly and there wasn't a misunderstanding?

it's confirmed by game informer

mM

That's a decent jump from current gen. The type of memory is confirmed to be DDR3? What bandwidth is it? Any ESRAM?

What are the estimates for PS4 1-2Gbs? so 6Gb of GDDR5 for games left.

Sorry for all the questions :P

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

But the PS4 can handle multitasking, uploading, streaming and it uses 1-2....mmm looks like GDDR5 is nice to have :D

because the PS4 isn't running on three operating systems

mM

We've known this for months too :D

The RAM difference is pretty huge between PS4 and Xbox One.

PS4 = 7GB Fast GDDR5 RAM for games.
Xbox One = 5GB Slow DDR3 RAM for games.

It's a big difference and it will affect the games. Xbox One will be the limiting factor for next-gen 3rd party titles. It's obvious that the entertainment focus of Microsoft had a huge effect on the design of the console. Both on the specs and the apperance of the console itself. Seriously, it looks like a DVR or set-top box.

think-man said:
thats plenty for games.

That'll be plenty for the next several years, but very intelligent people have said the same about 64MB of RAM.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

leo-j said:
because the PS4 isn't running on three operating systems

It's a great achievement on Microsofts part but makes you wonder if this will be another Windows 8 type situation.