By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed : XBOX one = 8 GB of DDR3 & 1,24 Tflops

Ssliasil said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
So is the difference the same between the 360 and PS3? If so then nobody is going to be able to tell the difference like this gen.

The difference is MUCH  greater actually.  The GDDR5 in the PS4 is MUCH MUCH faster than the DDR3 in the 360.  And remember the 360 has more RAM than the PS3, that's why the 360 was able to keep pace with the PS3.

That isnt happening this time around, PS3 has MUCH better RAM.  It has a MUCH MUCH better GPU...The CPU's are virtually identicle, though the PS4's CPU is tied directly to the RAm and GPU making processing much easier.  The Xbox One might have this as well, but that remains to be seen.

Nice, I just hope the PS4 is the lead console for multiplatform games then so it gets properly utilised. Thanks for the explanation.

Around the Network
TimCliveroller said:
Once and for all. Who confirmed the 1.24 Tflops stuff? Am I asking in vain?

No one knows, lol.

I'm going rampage if nobody answers my question.

Ex Graphics Whore.

Imaginedvl said:
Slimebeast said:
Damn it, no secret sauce. But it was expected.

Hopefully MS can compete with price because as of right now the majority of gamers are totally siding with Sony.

You seem to know a lot of gamer to claim this...
Kind of ridiculous claim if you ask me :)

And please, do not waste your time replying that your "friends" and "entourage" are all excited about PS4 and not for the what the Xbox One is offering just because of DDR3 vs GDDR5, it will just make your clain look even ridiculous

No, it's true. Look at polls and comments all over on gaming sites and Sony is winning at least 2 to 1 on consumer purchase intent.

It's the same ratio among my IRL friends.

Of course these samples represent only the dedicated market, which is perhaps 10 million hardcore gamers. They have always sided with Sony. It's these guys who are constantly discussing games and console makers on forums, guys like us.

I am sure MS will be able to lure in the other type of demographics though (casuals and people intersted in TV and multimedia, the kids who already are invested in Xbox Live and Halo, and the neutral kind of semi-core gamers who don't care much about exclusives and who just want a cheap "standard console" for their COD, GTA and FIFA). And they'll do fine in this generation.

theprof00 said:
RazorDragon said:

Both use the same low-end Atom-class CPU, same amount of RAM, just a different GPU. Expect lower polygon counts on the Xbox One, maybe lower framerates, and that's it, I doubt anyone will be able to see major graphical differences in multiplatforms because the amount of polygons these newer GPUs can drive is insane.

while I know you are trying to be helpful. You are incorrect. Atom is an intel processor.

I want to know whether MS is using an AMD. I haven't seen confirmation of that yet.

I understand, it's just for comparison purposes, since AMD Jaguar processors are meant to compete with Atom processors in performance.

Around the Network

So Xbox One 1,24 tf and Ps4 1,84 tf am i right?

Everybody ignores me. Where did you get the Tflops value from? This is my last post.

Ex Graphics Whore.

VG leaks confirmed the 1.24T flops thing, the entire leak for Durango was spot on basically, according to people, but it isn't confirmed by microsoft that the GPU is 1.24 Tera flops

mM
Shinobi-san said:
Scoobes said:
superchunk said:
None of you have seen a single game... just flops that are not the entire story. Yet its going to be massively different?

For fuck's sake get your heads out of your asses.

3rd parties will have identical games. That's like 85% to 90% of each consoles library.

1st parties will like both look very close and only the most videophile person will see any difference.

God its going to be those damn comparison videos all over again where there is no difference yet both sides will claim unfounded victory.

50% OMG!!! fuck percentages. Its 1.2TF to 1.84TF. That difference is minor when they both will have ALL of the other same technologies being utilized. Furthermore its only one rating of many possible areas within a GPU.

That's still quite a difference. Even if they use the same architecture/technologies, expect to see more tessellation, shader effects, lighting effects, shadows, physics etc. on the PS4 version. The difference is more significant than the difference between the PS3 & 360 which were very similar in performance even with different architectures.

It's like the difference between Medium and High settings on a PC game.

This.

PS3 and Xbox was practically identical. You could make a good argument about which one is better hardware wise imo.

With ps4 and Xbox 1 there is a significant performance difference. Its the difference between buying a 250$ GPU and a sub 200$ GPU.

With comment like Superchunk's, you understand the psychological effect of pricing things at 1.99$ instead or 2.00$. xD

leo-j said:
VG leaks confirmed the 1.24T flops thing, the entire leak for Durango was spot on basically, according to people, but it isn't confirmed by microsoft that the GPU is 1.24 Tera flops

Can I get a link?

Ex Graphics Whore.