By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed : XBOX one = 8 GB of DDR3 & 1,24 Tflops

Hynad said:
tres said:
Slimebeast said:
Damn it, no secret sauce. But it was expected.

Hopefully MS can compete with price because as of right now the majority of gamers are totally siding with Sony.

the cloud is the secret sauce

A secret sauce that will most likely be implemented for the PS4 just the same. It's cloud processing. So the console doesn't need anything other than the ability to stream HD content from the cloud. :P

Bandwidth caps and shit latency outside California will continue to prevent that.

Around the Network

I'm so mad, I will not be getting that console. I hope this gen is short,
I can't go 8 years without playing any video games.

rumor has it the OS will eat a lot of the XBOX's ram.. 3GB of ram to be exact..

mM
Soleron said:
Hynad said:
tres said:
Slimebeast said:

Hopefully MS can compete with price because as of right now the majority of gamers are totally siding with Sony.

the cloud is the secret sauce

A secret sauce that will most likely be implemented for the PS4 just the same. It's cloud processing. So the console doesn't need anything other than the ability to stream HD content from the cloud. :P

Bandwidth caps and shit latency outside California will continue to prevent that.

That's why this feature isn't going to be properly implemented until much later during the generation.

With the internet going full HD, with content getting more and more massive as time goes by, the bandwidth cap is bound to increase eventually.

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
So is the difference the same between the 360 and PS3? If so then nobody is going to be able to tell the difference like this gen.

The difference is MUCH  greater actually.  The GDDR5 in the PS4 is MUCH MUCH faster than the DDR3 in the 360.  And remember the 360 has more RAM than the PS3, that's why the 360 was able to keep pace with the PS3.

That isnt happening this time around, PS3 has MUCH better RAM.  It has a MUCH MUCH better GPU...The CPU's are virtually identicle, though the PS4's CPU is tied directly to the RAm and GPU making processing much easier.  The Xbox One might have this as well, but that remains to be seen.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network

The differences between the the PS3/360 aren't really comparable especially with multiplat because the PS3 was a pain in the ass so 3rd party games never used it to the potential and often had ports that looked worse than the xbox 360. 

I don't think it will be a big deal, my guess is that it would be like the difference between high, and medium specs games on a PC or something. Which is noticable, but they just have to tone down the graphics to make the game exactly the same otherwise.

I think they're banking on kinect being the new wii in a sense while remaining a reasonable cost. Except it isn't near as underpowered as the wii was to xbox360/PS3. So it can still compete with like Call of Duty etc. I think this is smart reasonable gamble. I don't like kinect, but I actually think this move is a good business one depending on launch prices.

TimCliveroller said:
Where did you get the Tflops value from?

From previous vg leaks, they've been posted on vg chartz at the time.

Slimebeast said:

You seem to know a lot of gamer to claim this...
Kind of ridiculous claim if you ask me :)

And please, do not waste your time replying that your "friends" and "entourage" are all excited about PS4 and not for the what the Xbox One is offering just because of DDR3 vs GDDR5, it will just make your clain look even ridiculous

RazorDragon said:

Both use the same low-end Atom-class CPU, same amount of RAM, just a different GPU. Expect lower polygon counts on the Xbox One, maybe lower framerates, and that's it, I doubt anyone will be able to see major graphical differences in multiplatforms because the amount of polygons these newer GPUs can drive is insane.

while I know you are trying to be helpful. You are incorrect. Atom is an intel processor.

I want to know whether MS is using an AMD. I haven't seen confirmation of that yet.

tonio_13 said:
TimCliveroller said:
Where did you get the Tflops value from?

From previous vg leaks, they've been posted on vg chartz at the time.

So this is just speculation. How was it confirmed?

Ex Graphics Whore.