By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How would you rate the Microsoft Conference? Everything you wanted?

hmm, when I saw the show- 7/10
After when all the news erupted-5/10

Around the Network

I quite literally couldn't have enjoyed this any more. It is like they designed it for me.

I kid you not. I'll buy it tomorrow.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Okay... this was boring. Even moreso than Sony's PS4 unveiling which to me was hit and miss. Specs wise it's what I expected i.e. close enough to the PS4 that 3rd party multiplats will be virtually identical on both consoles. All those Kinect navigation demos dragged on for too long. I'm also not a big fan of the name XBox One, I still think XBox Infinity was a better choice but at least it's not XBox 720 which would have been horrible.

Starting the game section with EA Sports didn't exactly win me over since I don't care about sports game. Forza looks nice enough but racing sims really aren't my thing. Quantum Break has potential but it's hard to judge from the just the trailer. Then there was COD: Ghost which I mostly skipped through.

All in all this reveal only confirmed what I was planning to do all along which is wait it out when it comes to buying one of the next gen HD Twins.

Signature goes here!

2/10 nothing interested me at all, not even Forza 5 and i love Forza, Trash. - Personal opinion- Now being fair, it still was shit, TV bullshit this, Kineckt that, more FIFA, more NBA, more Madden, more COD, meh.

yo_john117 said:
Akvod said:

Sorry to be nit-picky but Ram shouldn't even be in there. Third party support should be in there too.

That chart is far to black/white to be accurate. There is a huge gray range where different people put different amounts of importance into different categories.

It's not meant to be accurate. It's just conceptual.

Around the Network
taus90 said:
dane007 said:
taus90 said:
dane007 said:
taus90 said:
dane007 said:
UltimateUnknown said:
Bad. Almost zero gameplay footage. Overwhelming amount of focus on entertainment. At one point I was wondering if this box could even play games anymore. To be honest this was all expected, but I was hoping MS would do better. Anyway I look forward to E3 with hope for the 15 new exclusives that they have.

Sony did the same. most of   itr was tech demo which are useless because graphics fidelty shown in demo are no representation of teh final product taht us consumers get. Great example was killzone 2 debacle at e3 when they announced the ps3. What we got shown compared to what we got as a final product was competely different and no where near as good as what we got shown in taht vide. Hence why i taking the kill zone footage with a grain of salt till  the final product comes out. Hoep it stays the same. Did you pay attention to what they said. This conference was all about teh amchine hence why it was only 1 hour conference not two unlike sony and tehy said e3 will all be about games. Why use up all your tricks when you can savor them to when it coutns at e3 .

are u serious did u even see PS4 conference... or just watched few trailers online!? U are saying Killzone shadow fall was not running on PS4... and GG didnt upload the gamplay to FB via ps4.. And if xbox conference was about the machine. tell me what GPU does it have whats the CPU's clock speed what are the back ports besides HDMI's?? 

Yes i watched the entire  2hour conference. Both focussed on the social aspects of it .  Saw all teh tech domos that they illustrated . Mos tof th sony conference focused on the controller and teh sahre function and how it would be integrated in their new social space where you can post simultaneously game screenshot of epic moments to yoru friend snd tehy can see it almost instant . Sony mainly focussed on the social media features just like ms did . the only diffrence is thsat sony had an extra hour in their reveal which allowed them to show those tech demos and trailers.   They announced a few games and trailers that had no in gmae graphics let alone gamplay. Like i saids the tech dEmo only show whats capable of teh ps4 and majority of the time the games using those engines don't look as good as the tech demos .  i said i don't believe that those are the real time graphics  shown for killzone 4 because of what GG did with killzone 2 when they revealed the ps3 at that time . We all know teh graphics shown at ps3 reveal for KZ2  adn teh final product we got was not even close. the final retail copy ended up haviNGworse graphics then what they presented at e3 for the ps3 reveal.

Should have specify , itS bout tHEe hmachine and capabilites of teh machine and teh freatures it has to interact socially much likE what ps4 did when sony revealed teh machine :) The hardward is most likely teh same as the ps4. Most likely usb 3.0 porst and teh slot to plug in the kinect just like the 360 had.

oh so u didnt notice a guy playing Killzone on the stage... and also the same gameplay was played by Jimmy Fallon on his show... Just recently GG released break down of those graphics, the those break down were even analyzed by Eurogamer....  still u wanna argue it wasnt actual graphics 

what MS showed was a DVR which can play games too if u have internet connection and no friends...

I did notice that but they did the same ith KZ 2 reveal as well. Liek i said the section which you saw can be easily created to show the technical capabilities of the machine. i have mentioned before i hope the final game are those graphics. People running game industry are great liars and GG has lied before and even gearboz with aliens colonial marines have lied before so yea i am not going to beleive it till i am playing teh actual game on my ps4. is that hard for you to understand and comprehend?  Till then i going reserve my thoughts till i get the copy of the game to play. they showed forza, ea sports game, and cod which is not great but kk considering they only had one hour and tehy pretty much said e3 will be all about games.  You don't need to be always onlien to play games . it has been confirmed by mz. Same with sony for teh share button to be of any use you have to be online to share and you will need friends to share with it. SO your arguemnt there is pointless. You obviously wa snot payign attention to ms reveal if you think ms was only showing teh dvr :) 

Plz ur  argument is just weak.. abt the KZ2.. soon after that presentation Sony did admit it was a target render trailer but. later at some E3 they did show actual gameplay footage, and guess what it turned out to be exact same game.. and same goes with KZ3 KZM UC2 UC3, i can go on the games which turned out to be exactly like they showed at unvieling.. u dont have anything to back up ur claim, ur just blabering about 

While MS didnt even show the gaming capabilities of its machine, how games will look on X1.. they just showed in engine pre rendered trailers full of cutscenes. Oh no wait Activision did say COD Ghost trailer was running on Xbox... great 

And MS did confirm that u cannot play games if u are offline for more than 24hrs.. And If u want to give sell ur game to ur friend then he would need to pay the full price.. do u want me to give u a link what Phil Harrison just confirmed

Everyone was expectig those graphics for kz 2 but they lied to us so i don't trust them with the new KZ. At e3 it was just that footage. Before it came out we got to see teh actual footage and peopel were disappointed especially me as i was expecting those graphics that they showed. I am only talkign about GG as tehy lied to us with kz2. I never doubt naughty dog as always show in gmae gameplay graphics. My point at that time was to say that tech demos are pointless as teh graphics shown ther won't be teh graphis of teh final retail gmae using that engine therefore sonys conference for teh reveal was jsut as good as ms as tech demo are not game reveals .
If you have paid attention to news that revealed the games showign will be at e3 si the graphic capabilites will be tere. they di dshow with COD trailer and tech demos and you saw some of it with ea sports game. but i am sure the rest will be shown when they show the games this comign e3.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-one-will-not-require-constant-internet-connection-6408662  you can play offline as long as you want according to Ms.

Wheres the link where ms confirmed teh machine can't play games if you are offlien for 24hrs?

according to Ms article here http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-one-has-preowned-fee-report-6408671 gee hasn't been specified. Well teh companies have to make money and its not right to be a cheap skate and not support teh gaming industry.  Gaming is a luxury hobby  wher eyou need money to enjoy it.  Plus i am sure sony will follow suite as they need the money. Its weird how they haven't said anythign about it yet but if ms is doing it i am sure sony will.

I give the conference a 2/10 because there were 2 interesting announcements and 8 uninteresting/angering ones

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

Akvod said:
yo_john117 said:
Akvod said:

Sorry to be nit-picky but Ram shouldn't even be in there. Third party support should be in there too.

That chart is far to black/white to be accurate. There is a huge gray range where different people put different amounts of importance into different categories.

It's not meant to be accurate. It's just conceptual.

I know, I'm just giving you a hard time

while watching the show i was thinking it was good. after it was done i was like, well it was ok. and the more time i passes i keep thinking it bad. the more time passes the more i see it as worse and worse. looking back at it now i would rate it as a 3 out of 10.

-3 out of 10.

I can almost say for certain that this is the first XBox I will not own. I dislike everything shown. Going into the conference I had an open mind, but this effectively showed me no reason to buy the product and multiple reasons not to, thus the negative score.

I do not like the anit-consumer policies of this box. You can purchase a game, but not lend it to a friend. It's not yours, really. I guess that means no rentals, either.

I do not like Kinect watching me. Call me paranoid, but it makes me uncomfortable and gives me a feeling like they are gathering info about me for market research.

Lots of focus on TV, but that's already offered on Wii U and I don't use it there.

On the plus side, I think the box looks "OK" and I wasn't expecting a lot in the way of games since e3 is around the corner. But I came away the opposite of impressed.