By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How would you rate the Microsoft Conference? Everything you wanted?

I was wotking during the conference so can somebody clarify what this Deal with Fifa 14 was. It is not an XO exclusive thats for sure. But I have read a post on IGN where a user said it had som exclusive content? Please tell me what the heck is going on there?

Around the Network

4/10

The conference had some amazing technology. The kinect ideas were really neat, and all the integrated features with Skype, IE, Music, Movies and whatever were really cool. However I buy consoles to play games mostly, and almost ALL of that shit is useless to me. I have a PC next to my machines that can do all of that stuff faster.

Everything shown besides Quantum Break we already knew about. Same old, same old.

Also the information about how used games + online is handled makes me very VERY skeptical about supporting this machine. This is from a person who loves all video games. I've never been hesitant to let it be known that Sony is my favorite company but I do buy/cherish other companies consoles/games.

I don't know maybe I expected more, but everything was in line with rumors. Very disappointed as a video game fan today, very disappointed.

So I missed the announcement as I was at work, but I'll share my thoughts from what I've read. First I'd like to point at how some people are being bashed for giving low scores based on not seeing games, and the reasoning for bashing them is because the games will be shown in two weeks. The thread is to rate what was shown today, not what is supposed to be shown at E3 but moving on...

Quantum Break seems very interesting as a concept. Having a tv show that is based off a game and changes according to your gameplay seems pretty cool, if that is what it is. I'm sure there are probably only a few different changes that can occur but interesting nevertheless, this is something I feel the game industry is starting to slowly move towards and is something new to help push it along. Hopefully more info will actually be shown as not much was revealed.

I think this is the only exclusive game currently revealed?? (forza)Correct me if I'm wrong. I personally don't care that much about exclusive content or timed dlc as I have actually never bought any dlc or really cared that much about getting it. I realize that this is important to a lot of people so I guess it is a +1 for Microsoft. I also haven't played a sports game in years so those don't really interest me either.

I forgot about Forza. I personally don't care about simulation racing games like forza or gran turismo, so again I don't care anything about it but other do so +1 for Microsoft.

As for the multimedia stuff, as long as I have netflix I'm happy. The other stuff (including a lot of what Sony is doing) is cool but lost to me or else I already have a preferred way to do it.

So far they have shown 1 thing that has had any interest to me. That doesn't make it bad, just not what I'm looking at right now. However, when they show more of their exclusives, not exclusive content on multiplats, I'll be watching. The Black Tusk project intrigues me. Then I guess there are 12 other exclusives coming. Several are definitely kinect, not a diss unless there's nothing else, so I guess I'll just wait and see what the other exclusives are to see if Xbox One is something I will eventually get.

AndrewWK said:
I was wotking during the conference so can somebody clarify what this Deal with Fifa 14 was. It is not an XO exclusive thats for sure. But I have read a post on IGN where a user said it had som exclusive content? Please tell me what the heck is going on there?

Exclusive Ultimate Team content. Don't know the specifications though.

dane007 said:
Fusioncode said:

It was awful.
90% of the show was about sports.
Very little actual gameplay.
Nothing about indies.
Ugly looking console.
Stupid Kinect features that I don't care about.
Another COD game.

2/10

Did you even py attention to what tehy announce prior to reveal. they said e3 will be all about games hence the 1 hour reveal. They do have to introduce teh machine first before teh games,, so i do not what you were expectign as they mad it quite clear as to what they will showing at the reveal

Ok, but I didn't think that all we would be seeing is sports, sports, and more sports. First impressions are hard to erase, just look at the WiiU. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Talal said:
AndrewWK said:

So the PS4 will still have the ultimate tema feature? right?

Why would EA do this I mean Fifa games have sold a lot more on Playstation.

pezus said:
AndrewWK said:

Exclusive DLC for one of its modes...Ultimate Team. It's (Ultimate team) a trading card game within FIFA. Supposedly quite popular, but I've never played it.

Yes it is a great mode. But as long as it is just DLC I don´t give a fuck.

Well...ugh. I don't know. I didn't expect anything, really, and I even sacrificed classes today to attend the damned thing.

So there goes a 5'5/10.

So disappointing. Hopefully E3 will show something interesting. I was really hoping MS would wow me. How anyone who calls themselves a gamer can get excited after watching that infomercial is beyond me.
Crossing my fingers for E3. This next gen might be the first time I only own a single console.

Tifa got MOVES!

AndrewWK said:
Talal said:
AndrewWK said:

So the PS4 will still have the ultimate tema feature? right?

Why would EA do this I mean Fifa games have sold a lot more on Playstation.

Yeah, the xbox will probably just get exclusive content.

Microsoft must have payed a hefty amount for them to do that.