By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - It is official, New Xbox is named "XBOX One"- Pics of back of system and specs!

Munkeh111 said:
dane007 said:
Munkeh111 said:
JEMC said:
dane007 said:
They didn't specify it as ddr 3 . They just said 8gbs of memory.

That's what I've been trying to find.

Have they said which kind of memory does it have? DDR3 or GDDR5?

As others have said, they would have specified if it was DDR5

Again theres no proof and ms haven't confirmed. Its not fact till it comes from the horses mouth aka Ms. Till then your specualtion is good as mine but neither of us are more correct then each other because because they are not facts. know the difference.

Okay, it is very very likely it is DDR3, though not confirmed yet

again its rumor not confirmed. You are makign it sound like your opinion is fact. you are not a ms representative so till ms says it themselves th epossibilites of what it could bbe , is still open :).

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
can i ask, does the new controller still use AA batteries?

Yup, just in a more compact way

dane007 said:
Munkeh111 said:
dane007 said:
Munkeh111 said:
JEMC said:
dane007 said:
They didn't specify it as ddr 3 . They just said 8gbs of memory.

That's what I've been trying to find.

Have they said which kind of memory does it have? DDR3 or GDDR5?

As others have said, they would have specified if it was DDR5

Again theres no proof and ms haven't confirmed. Its not fact till it comes from the horses mouth aka Ms. Till then your specualtion is good as mine but neither of us are more correct then each other because because they are not facts. know the difference.

Okay, it is very very likely it is DDR3, though not confirmed yet

again its rumor not confirmed. You are makign it sound like your opinion is fact. you are not a ms representative so till ms says it themselves th epossibilites of what it could bbe , is still open :).

This seems to suggest it

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-hardware-and-specs/

Am I seeing right there is only 2 usb ports???? What tha hell is,this, I constantly use 4 ports on the 360

hasonap said:
Am I seeing right there is only 2 usb ports???? What tha hell is,this, I constantly use 4 ports on the 360

There was a picture that suggested that there was one on the front side...

But what do you use 4 USB ports for?

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
hasonap said:

One is constantly used as a charging port for my AA batteries(I have 4 controllers because of LAN parties :P) another one is constantly used for my external harddrive which has exactly all things media and my friends always saves their profiles on the usb flash drive which brings the total to 5  if 3 friends come over.

3(2) flash drives, 1 external HDD and 1 for charging = 4(5)

First thought when I saw it: Slim redesign.

Plenty room to shrink this down the road and cut costs. Give it a few years, maybe 4.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
First thought when I saw it: Slim redesign.

Plenty room to shrink this down the road and cut costs. Give it a few years, maybe 4.

Yeah we will probably see some! slim designs not only one as the 360 but I think more like the ps3

Otherwise it does look okay in my opinion, the nice black finish and vents is what makes it pass an F - it kinda looks like my Sony receiver but half the size which is a perfect match  :P

hasonap said:
Munkeh111 said:
hasonap said:

One is constantly used as a charging port for my AA batteries(I have 4 controllers because of LAN parties :P) another one is constantly used for my external harddrive which has exactly all things media and my friends always saves their profiles on the usb flash drive which brings the total to 5  if 3 friends come over.

3(2) flash drives, 1 external HDD and 1 for charging = 4(5)

Well if everything is in the cloud, then maybe you can get their profiles from there?

This is fucking bullshit. Now we have to refer to the Xbox 1 as "The Original Xbox". Whatever happened to not wanting to compete with Xbox 2 vs. PS3. I thought that was why they went with 360? Now they are doing Xbox One vs. PlayStation 4?

Don't get me started on WiiU and the 3DS. The PS Vita is an ironic name because of sales but at least its not... no I take that back all of the consoles and handhelds have stupid stupid names.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.