By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Can Claim It Won The Last Console Generation - Molyneux

Tagged games:

Lyrikalstylez said:
Well wii shouldn't be considered a current gen console, so currently 360 is number 1

The 360 is behind the PS3 after next week

PS3 is number 1 if we don't count the Wii ;)

Molyneux smoked to much again - How can someone win anything if you are in dead last place?
Sony is the big winner after all they had to go through.But at the end Nintendo "won".

Around the Network
pezus said:
KHlover said:
They sold less HW and SW than Nintendo, they grew less, they made less profit - No, Nintendo still won the last Gen.

Not to mention that they will end up 3rd in hardware sales. There's really no way for them to spin this, unless the talk America only or something and even that won't happen until later.

There is one distinct area where Microsoft won. They won in winning over the hearts of the "hardcore" crowd (including gamers and developers). They pretty much control the bro crowd now and the developers for those kinds of games are all about Microsoft. 

I guess if they limit it to NA. Cause MS is American based and it is the #1 market.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

1) i think he was comparing Sony and MS since those are the two most people talk about since there the hd twins

2) if he is comparing just those two ms beat Sony. yes Sony may end up selling more hardware but compared to last gen Sony fell hard and ms gained alot.

3) and yes when comparing the 3 wii wins hands down.

No they can't. They can claim the biggest gains in marketshare gen-over-gen though.

Around the Network

Maybe in the US, but then the rest of the world says Hello ;)

They can claim it. Doesn't mean that they'd be right.

He says that MS won the gen but doesn't say why.

There is no measure (besides maybe only counting the USA) that he could use to say that MS won the gen.

VGKing said:
No they can't. They can claim the biggest gains in marketshare gen-over-gen though.

Wouldn't that go to Nintendo?

If we use blue-ray sales as a metric I think the PS3 won this gen

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.