By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Engines that can run on WiiU

But It can't run FB2-3.

Around the Network

it can run anything devs. want

Capable of running: all
Games people want using it and release them on Wii U: none

I don't understand the obsession with 'engines'. Any midsize dev can make a great looking HD-quality game.

I'm curious if capcom will port phanta rei (deep down demo engine) to the Wii U.

I wonder if nintendo has monster hunter 5 locked down for wii u with said engine.

Dr.JimmyRustles said:

But It can't run FB2-3.

It CAN run any of the latest engines. As its userbase grows, there will be games with each of these engines on the console.

Around the Network

Of course it "can" run those. EA tried FB2 on WiiU, they just said they didn't get good results from it.
It's the same as UE4 actually. It works, but it wouldn't be worth it for Epic, since the end result wouldn't be drastically different to UE3.5.

Also there is no Wii game that uses the Glacier 2 engine. The first and so far only game that uses that engine is Hitman Absolution.

Barozi said:

Of course it "can" run those. EA tried FB2 on WiiU, they just said they didn't get good results from it.
It's the same as UE4 actually. It works, but it wouldn't be worth it for Epic, since the end result wouldn't be drastically different to UE3.5.

Also there is no Wii game that uses the Glacier 2 engine. The first and so far only game that uses that engine is Hitman Absolution.

Unreal engine 3.9 (samaritan tech demo) is the current state of UE3 that is running on wii u I believe.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=173468

NE: Okay, let’s get to the big question: Unreal Engine 4. Is it a yes or no on the Wii U hardware?

I: Wii U already can run something akin to Unreal Engine 3.9 but I find this whole topic much less noteworthy than many are making it out be. While details on feature requirements for the new engine are nearly zero, comments from Epic suggest that there should be no reason why the Unreal Engine 4 won’t be able to scale “down” to work on the Wii U. Just remember that that it’s not power that is the main factor for an engine, rather, it’s the features offered by the hardware and the age of the hardware

Again? Didn't you already post something like this?

Regardless, as everyone has said, this doesn't make a lot of sense. It can run FrostBite 3 the same way it can run Unreal Engine 4, it's just that neither one is being optimized for the Wii U, at least at this point. If FrostBite is an "OUT" then UE4 should be the same.

Fox Engine

Click HERE and be happy 

pokoko said:
Again? Didn't you already post something like this?

Regardless, as everyone has said, this doesn't make a lot of sense. It can run FrostBite 3 the same way it can run Unreal Engine 4, it's just that neither one is being optimized for the Wii U, at least at this point. If FrostBite is an "OUT" then UE4 should be the same.

Yes, but this is newer version.