By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Recieved my copy of Lost Odyssey!

Magnific0 said:
starcraft said:
This is my first ever JRPG experience and it is magical so far. Nearing the end of disc one.........

See what I mean? how can I trust an opinion of someone like you or the original poster. You still have so much to see and learn... I'll take the japanese's reaction to Blue Dragon and LO as enough reference to believe these games are decent at best (even on Xbox they would have done better if the hardcore jrpg gamers had REALLY wanted to play that game) and I trust them more than a few young ones around here telling me "wow, this is my first JRPG, I don't know how to describe it....poetry.....they should've sent a poet"... lol ok I digress.

Well this is my first...oh wait I've been playing rpgs (jrpgs) since the NES days, and I think LO is pretty damn good.

Anyway, check out the gametrailers review, it was pretty good.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/1694.html 

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

I think its amazing still. Im still yet to bump into any of the framerate drops from the Japanese versions

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Magnific0 - If your taking only Japanese reaction to BD and LO, exactly where the crap are you getting that "its only decent"? Ever read the 3,000+ thread NeoGAF Lost Odyssey thread? The Japanese owners there said its one of the best JRPGs of this decade.

Famitsu, a Japanese review magazine gave BD and LO 37 and 36, respectively. How is that a "decent" score when both put it in the upper echelon of RPG gaming?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Magnific0 - If your taking only Japanese reaction to BD and LO, exactly where the crap are you getting that "its only decent"? Ever read the 3,000+ thread NeoGAF Lost Odyssey thread? The Japanese owners there said its one of the best JRPGs of this decade.

Famitsu, a Japanese review magazine gave BD and LO 37 and 36, respectively. How is that a "decent" score when both put it in the upper echelon of RPG gaming?

Some people only look at the negative scores heh.  Basically unless a game is liked by EVERYONE it sucks :)

elnino - thats my point.

It seems that the Lost Odyssey/Blue Dragon bashers are one of 2 kinds of people:

#1. People that have played the game and generally do not like the style of traditional turn based RPGs.

#2. Peope that have not played the game, and base opinions entirely on a few videos and reviews.

I have yet to see someone on these forums, or any sort of contengient on NeoGAF forums declare that Lost Odyssey or Blue Dragon to be some sort of crap game that is merely decent. The Blue Dragon thread has nearly 7,000 posts and keeps growing as new people find the game, and love it (like Viva Pinata did in 06). The Lost Odyssey thread is getting very large as well, with many, many users saying they are in love with the game.

I cannot wait to get Lost Odyssey. Blue Dragon was one of the most solid turnbased RPGs I've played in a LONG time, and in some ways was better than DQ8.

And in the West, Lost Odyssey actually has been getting generally better reviews than Blue Dragon. Aside from the stupid GameSpy review (which gave it a 2.5/5), the median average has been right around 85%, with no other review below 8.0 - signalling a very good game.

Around the Network

I played it today from the start, I was amazed really, it's great so far, however it's gotta be the worlds biggest rip off of FF X, I was waiting for Auran to hand me a sword at any moment ;) (All I mean is it feels lke the FFX engine plus a few other elements, nothing more)

I watched the video review on GT, and I was really impressed. Of course it reminds me of FF X and XII, but then again the FF creator made it, with the mix of medievil and futuristic, but I love the feel of FF with a fresh story which is meant to be its strong point, but if I had a 360 I would definitely buy this game,

http://uk.xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/mistwalker-rpg-2/850156p1.html

2.5/5

+ + + Pretty battles; occasional sweeping vistas; skill systems solid; balanced combat difficulty.

- - - Story and characters shamelessly derivative; hideous load times; wide variety of technical issues; story signifies nothing.

==> everybody doesn't agree with GT ...

Time to Work !

libellule - We've already gone over that. Gamespy is litterally the only one thus far to give it a score below 80%.

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/lost-odyssey/review/lost-odyssey/a-2008020691953558086/g-2005138888000000020738/p-4

is a score of 6.....this could have shown up after you made that statement though, and I don't give any particular favor to Gamesradar over other review sites, just pointing out that there is more than one, of course the count is still only 2...which is good.