By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was Microsoft Forced to show next Xbox early by Sony? What to expect on May 21st from Microsoft?

Well, everything seems to point to a yes, so i'm gonna say yes, not that it'll matter a year from now.

Around the Network

i dont think so. E3 has never been a place to announce a console, but rather talk about it in depth. the timing of the conference seems about right for MS, they will announce the console tomorrow, everybody will be hyped. and the hype will continue until E3 where they will show the system in depth.
the timing of the reveal sounds perfect IMO

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Going to have to go with a big fat NO.

DirtyP2002 said:

Thread title:

Was MS forced to show the next Xbox early by Sony?
proof:
MS conference was rescheduled from late April to late May which indicates that MS is not ready.

Maybe it is just me, but pushing the conference to a later date does not confirm MS was forced to show it earlier. It is the other way around.

And as others have said before, the Xbox 360 was announced in May as well.

Everybody and their grandmoms expected a new console reveal in March / April this year. Even here at VGC. Sonys reveal was only 2 - 3 weeks earlier than the most common prediction on a forum. I doubt MS was totally surprised by this.

I would say that the fact it was delayed was so they got more stuff in order to counter Sony's Event.   They were going to show it in April but after the PS4 event, they decided to gather more stuff in order to gather the same attention and hype level as the PS4 did after the event.

Around the Network
KingofTrolls said:

HAHAHAHA! Awesome gif!

Heavenly_King said:
KingofTrolls said:

HAHAHAHA! Awesome gif!

Time to meet ethomaz and get banned trololo ;D What happens tomorrow ? Panopticon info !

JayWood2010 said:
Both Xbox and X360 was announced in May. So no.

Beat me by 6 hours. Damn you sir.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Lol @ some sony fans saying yes and basing their opinion at some rumours. Rumours aren't the truth you know

Th3PANO said:
I guess it was the other way around, big talks from Sony saying "we let Microsoft make the first step"

I was thinking this as well. Sony announced that they were going to let MS make the first move. It is possible they decided to take some ideas from MS and create a mock up presentation. That could be why they did not even have a console to show. It is also possible that they were afraid that MS got a hold of some of their ideas and wanted to make it know first. Who knows, it is all conjecture.