By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was Microsoft Forced to show next Xbox early by Sony? What to expect on May 21st from Microsoft?

Forced to show early by delaying the console reveal to a later date, which happens to be the month they revealed the last Xbox in.

derp

Around the Network
adriane23 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Both Xbox and X360 was announced in May. So no.

Beat me by 6 hours. Damn you sir.

Better step your game up :p lol jk

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kasz216 said:

I think Sony was surprised by Sony.

They didn't even have a final hardware box to show off.  If anything the whole thing made me feel like Sony higher ups forced ahead the reveal to imrpove stock price and get a big revel before the financials were reported.  Chances are the PS4 wasn't originally meant to be revelead for a few months.  "Microsoft going first"and all.

So yeah Microsoft was surprised.

That said, no i don't think it rushed Microsoft.

My opinion might change however if THEY don't have a box to show.

Microsoft doesn't want Sony beating them to a launch. If Sony launches with them or ahead of them MS has their hands full. The reports about Sony's PS4 were that they were ahead of Microsofts development cycle and they had been finished with it since January. They didn't show off the box for a reason. Sony called out Microsoft a while ago, showing they were ready. They told Microsoft to unveil their console first and Microsoft didnt respond. Once the PS4 was semi-revealed Microsoft finally showed signs of movement. 

Hah, so MS is the reason Sony hasn't shown their box? Or did they use that as an excuse to buy time?

Ofcourse MS didn't respond to Sony. Why would they? You want them to unveil their console at Sony's request? That's just stupid.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

We're about half way into the year. This is early?

I love the spin. Sony clearly announced their console early because the 360 was a massive blow to the Playstation brand. Sony is actually concerned about competition this gen.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Nooooooooooo

Around the Network

Was Microsoft surprised by the early PS4 reveal? Probably.

Did they decide to unveil early because of it? Probably not.

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kasz216 said:

I think Sony was surprised by Sony.

They didn't even have a final hardware box to show off.  If anything the whole thing made me feel like Sony higher ups forced ahead the reveal to imrpove stock price and get a big revel before the financials were reported.  Chances are the PS4 wasn't originally meant to be revelead for a few months.  "Microsoft going first"and all.

So yeah Microsoft was surprised.

That said, no i don't think it rushed Microsoft.

My opinion might change however if THEY don't have a box to show.

Microsoft doesn't want Sony beating them to a launch. If Sony launches with them or ahead of them MS has their hands full. The reports about Sony's PS4 were that they were ahead of Microsofts development cycle and they had been finished with it since January. They didn't show off the box for a reason. Sony called out Microsoft a while ago, showing they were ready. They told Microsoft to unveil their console first and Microsoft didnt respond. Once the PS4 was semi-revealed Microsoft finally showed signs of movement. 

Hah, so MS is the reason Sony hasn't shown their box? Or did they use that as an excuse to buy time?

Ofcourse MS didn't respond to Sony. Why would they? You want them to unveil their console at Sony's request? That's just stupid.

Ugh you don't get it. I am saying Sony is really anxious to show off something at E3 and they want MS to show everything so they can just drop it and be done with the suspense. You can tell they are excited about something. They wanted to MS to show their stuff first, but they'll get their wish since Sony delivers their keynote last at E3.

i do believe they were surprised by how early sony revealed the ps4 (as we all were).

i remain unconvinced it did much if anything to change MS's plan. please remember many of your facts in the OP are in fact.. rumors.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Ugh you don't get it. I am saying Sony is really anxious to show off something at E3 and they want MS to show everything so they can just drop it and be done with the suspense. You can tell they are excited about something. They wanted to MS to show their stuff first, but they'll get their wish since Sony delivers their keynote last at E3.

No, I get it. Its just a bunch of nonsense you're eating up.

Recently Completed

How is Sony making them announce it early, the Xbox was supposed to be announced in April

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018