By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Who is the biggest, most talked about Sports star in the world right now?

Who?

Tiger Woods 11 5.91%

Michael Phelps 1 0.54%

Lebron 24 12.90%

Corey Crawford 1 0.54%

Some European Football star 100 53.76%

Tebow 5 2.69%

Other ( post below) 27 14.52%

Danica 2 1.08%

I played Soccer as a kid 9 4.84%

Worlds strongest Man in I... 6 3.23%

Total:186

Beckham obviously, he's just retired......

PSP Lifetime more than PSV+3DS Lifetime.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Why does it look like that dude nods before the other guy throws a kick? Almost looks like it was planned.

Add to that the fact that he drops his hands and closes his eyes as if he was bracing for a hit he knew was coming.

Yeah, you're right... It's probably coincidence though. He also closes his eyes as the kick gets closer and slowly turns his head to brace for it.

Damn you for picking up on that!

Lionel Messi then Cristiano Ronaldo.

Yep has to be Lionel Messi,
And for the record he's not some european soccer star, he's from Argentina...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Seriously Spurge, could you be less of a stereotypical American? "Some other European football star"?

The world won't really talk about most of the people you listed, the world most famous sport is football, and probably the two most talked about are Cristiano Ronaldo (Portuguese, hence European), and Lionel Messi (Argentinean, then American, or South-American) I had to include that in case you didn't know where those two countries were located.

Around the Network

So I guess Ryan was referring to the USA when he said "The World" in the thread title, but oh well...

It has to be David Beckham. He was still one of the most famous players, despite being very well past his prime. His retirement has to be one of the biggest sports-related topics of 2013.

bananaking21 said:
sully1311 said:
How US Centric is this poll? It definitely wouldn't be a US sports star except for Tiger Woods maybe?

who on earth talks about tiger woods outside the US? the question is, who on earth considers golf a sport outside the US?

Golf is played everywhere in the world and wasn't even started in America

spurgeonryan said:

AllI know is that she started out in something other than Nascar. I watch none of them, but she is in a lot of Superbowl commercials and talk shows.

someone already answered my question and she never was in formula 1. i was curious because i have never heard her name before and i watch a lot of formula 1. 

How about Novak Djokovic??? :)

spurgeonryan said:

Then what was she in that was not Nascar? What was her initial claim to fame?

indycar or something like that.