By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft talks next-gen Xbox reveal, 'tonnes' of Xbox exclusives to be announced at E3

Here's hoping some of those games are decent instead of bohamma mamma adventures usher dance party central kinectimal wars the 28th.

Around the Network

so, E3 is the real show with the games, ok, that dampens my excitement a bit, but I hope they have some cool stuff to show come tuesday anyway

kowenicki said:
kitler53 said:
kowenicki said:
kitler53 said:
i don't like the way that's worded. it makes it sounds like they aren't going to announce any software until E3. i mean, they've got to announce some games at the reveal right?

Why does that matter?

because how ms (sony/nintendo) presents and markets their machine sets the tone for what the machine is.  is a games device that can also do other entertainment or is it an other entertainment device that can also play games?

..it's the same mistake sony make with the ps3 when early on they marketed it as a blu-ray player that also plays games.  if ms's first reveal to the world has no games at all it sends a very clear message: gaming is of secondary importance.  it was a mistake when the ps3 did it.  it will still be a mistake if MS does it.

or i dunno, you don't seem to care about games any more so maybe you don't even want a gaming machine anymore.  you only seem to have interest in MS's business plan lately so maybe you think this will make them money and that's good enough for you.  but i want games.  so yes, i will critizise the fuck out of MS if they don't show any until E3.   ...and i'll have a hell of a lot more ground to stand on then ps4's detractors for not showing the ps4 casing.

you didnt answer my question... how many new excluisve games were revealed at PS4 reveal?

There was Driveclub, Knack, and Killzone Shadowfall. 

NobleTeam360 said:

InFamous Last Son

NYANKS said:
God, League of Legends on consoles sounds so lame. It would be slaughter if they allowed people to play against pc players...

This!!! But i think it would be fun as hell to play against them!!!! Just so long as they arnt on my team!! Then again... Cross platform play is doubtful and more than likely the nextbox will allow for full keyboard and mouse support.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

InFamous Last Son

How did I forget that hmm lol. 

NobleTeam360 said:
kowenicki said:
kitler53 said:
kowenicki said:
kitler53 said:
i don't like the way that's worded. it makes it sounds like they aren't going to announce any software until E3. i mean, they've got to announce some games at the reveal right?

Why does that matter?

because how ms (sony/nintendo) presents and markets their machine sets the tone for what the machine is.  is a games device that can also do other entertainment or is it an other entertainment device that can also play games?

..it's the same mistake sony make with the ps3 when early on they marketed it as a blu-ray player that also plays games.  if ms's first reveal to the world has no games at all it sends a very clear message: gaming is of secondary importance.  it was a mistake when the ps3 did it.  it will still be a mistake if MS does it.

or i dunno, you don't seem to care about games any more so maybe you don't even want a gaming machine anymore.  you only seem to have interest in MS's business plan lately so maybe you think this will make them money and that's good enough for you.  but i want games.  so yes, i will critizise the fuck out of MS if they don't show any until E3.   ...and i'll have a hell of a lot more ground to stand on then ps4's detractors for not showing the ps4 casing.

you didnt answer my question... how many new excluisve games were revealed at PS4 reveal?

There was Driveclub, Knack, and Killzone Shadowfall, and Infamous Second Son.

Fixed. 4 1st Party Titles total, 2 new IPs.  One timed "console" exclusive : The Witness. One third-party new IP revealed (most likely Multiplat) : Deep Down.

kowenicki said:
JayWood2010 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

InFamous Last Son

so 4.

Yeah.  I can't remember any other ones.  I thought they did pretty good with the PS4 reveal.  It didn't get me super excited for the games but I expect more announcements at E3 just like I expect MSFT to do.

I just recently released a First party thread and from what we know MSFT is working on 26 first party games.  Sony is working on 30.   Also MSFT has two teams that are directly working with 3rd parties so expect at least 2 third party games from MSFT to be exclusive.

Wagram said:
Here's hoping some of those games are decent instead of bohamma mamma adventures usher dance party central kinectimal wars the 28th.

You want Bill Gates to show off Kinect abilities by doing Gangnam Style? Or you want a professional guy doing it?

Goatseye said:
Wagram said:

You want Bill Gates to show off Kinect abilities by doing Gangnam Style? Or you want a professional guy doing it?

I want Bill Gates.