By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Mourinho's Failure

you can't be successful as manager if you have trouble with your team.

and mourinho was responsible for this trouble and suspending Cassillas was the ultimate mistake.You can have trouble with 2-3 players as long as they are not the alpha dogs or long year members of the team with iconic status,but having trouble with cassilas and ramos and some others and suspending a keeper who was voted half a dozen times as best goalie of planet earth(and whoms girlfriend is tv sports reporter and can built up even more pressure in the media) and replace him with an unknown goalie-that was too much.Seems to me Mourinho was trying to be fired but didn't succeed.

but i think this will make him a better manager.mourinhos football was ugly and awful but very efficient.defense,defense,shoot a goal and more defense.
The way he won the ch league titel with inter was terrible too.
The way madrid played football in the first year vs barcelona(aggressive,psychopathic) was a shame.
You don't need a 500mio team to play football like that,especially not if you have a crazy defender as pepe.
But Madrid players showed him that you can play attractive football and be successful-more than 100 points in one season(especially at that time when barcelona was considered the best team in the world) is very impressive.But he has destroyed to much this season.

I think it really is better for him to go back to england(though I think ManU would be a better choice for him than Chelsea)

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:
Player2 said:

Mourinho played with only one pure centre forward, so spending a ton of money in a guy to be the fourth forward (so he'll be warming the bench 90% of the time) after those two and CR7 (he played in that position sometimes) didn't sound like a good idea last summer.

Plus Morata and José from Madrid B are promising.

Higuaín had a three month long injury this season.

The new salary cap in the Premier has made things more complex for Falcao.

thats true he only really plays one striker so no point bottling up wages

no salry cap over here unless you mean platinis FFP or wages cannot be over 65% of turnover (something like that) but they just cut £100 billion sponsor deals with their super rich owners if need be

So millionaires can still spend money at will. Well, that sounded quite drastic at first, specially with the salaries some players from clubs like Man C have.

bananaking21 said:
lets be honest here, mourinho's 3 year spell at madrid was a huge fucking failure. the guy is given a great team built by the amazing pellegrini (who built a team that managed 96 points in the league). he is given the most expensive team in history. i mean for fucks sake two players in his reserves cost 100+ million, kaka, and modric. his teams costs around 400 million yet they got knocked out from a team that costs 30 million. the guy only won a league and a spanish cup in 3 years. he failed big time with madrid

Do you know how many coaches failed at real madrid? At least he managed to win the league once. Also, he has a track record many would wish. He won the champions league with two different teams. Both of wich were underdogs.

Player2 said:
zuvuyeay said:
Player2 said:

Mourinho played with only one pure centre forward, so spending a ton of money in a guy to be the fourth forward (so he'll be warming the bench 90% of the time) after those two and CR7 (he played in that position sometimes) didn't sound like a good idea last summer.

Plus Morata and José from Madrid B are promising.

Higuaín had a three month long injury this season.

The new salary cap in the Premier has made things more complex for Falcao.

thats true he only really plays one striker so no point bottling up wages

no salry cap over here unless you mean platinis FFP or wages cannot be over 65% of turnover (something like that) but they just cut £100 billion sponsor deals with their super rich owners if need be

So millionaires can still spend money at will. Well, that sounded quite drastic at first, specially with the salaries some players from clubs like Man C have.

well platini says he will investigate dodgy sponsor deals but who knows,i also think FFP doesn't really effect anything soon as you can still be over the limit for a few more years which basically means always,

tax/wages is probably a problem for someone like falcao as you have to pay so much because of tax i think

i was reading about the french league where they have %70 tax but not monaco they can get away with %20 or something,lol and they play in the same league

Above & Beyond

that's why the clubs name is:Real Mad ride
if you don't win two titles each and every season you are a loser.

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:
Player2 said:

well platini says he will investigate dodgy sponsor deals but who knows,i also think FFP doesn't really effect anything soon as you can still be over the limit for a few more years which basically means always,

tax/wages is probably a problem for someone like falcao as you have to pay so much because of tax i think

i was reading about the french league where they have %70 tax but not monaco they can get away with %20 or something,lol and they play in the same league

Well, that explains the rumors about Falcao and Monaco

getting 2nd in the best football league, 2nd in the cup and making it to the semi-finals in the most competitive football competition is "disastrous" ?

no, these expectations are disastrous

Mourinho doesnt belong here, he better go back to England or Italy where quality football isnt needed to win.

kowenicki said:

Still a great manager as he will prove next season.

To suggesr he is a poor manager is pretty silly given his record.

Agreed.

His work at Real madrid is very good.   He assembled the best RM team in the last 10 years.

The guy reached CL semi-finals in the last two years and made RM play in equal foot to Barcelona in all games I watched.

Now the Falcao bit is interesting, i had expected him to be transferred earlier to one of the top teams but i guess all spots were taken.

So far he has done great but it is time for him to show what he's a got in one of the big teams.
If he is interested in winning prizes more than in earning euro's that is. Otherwise Russia is a good option or Ukraine.