By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA vs. Nintendo: A perspective from EA

Dr.JimmyRustles said:

...then why are you posting in this thread?

Around the Network

test the water with Dead Space Extraction? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? That shit was on rails!

Would be nice to find out exactly what caused the relationship to sour (most recently). Hopefully we'll get some extra info in the not to distant future, but by then I doubt anyone will care.

EAs yearly shovelware strategy doesnt work with Nintendo hw and of course it is understandable that they refuse to support a system where their cash-in bussiness techniques dont work.

I think even in that whole story it is obvious that EA's support came at the cost of Origin. When Nintendo told them no, they got vengeful and the rest is the sad spectacle we see now with EA trying to withdraw and give bad rep to the Wii U and Nintendo several times.
The only problem is we know what kind of company EA is. Even if it hadnt been their fault, we wont believe them cause we know they are money grabbing douchebags.

I mean even if it was just business reasons, what company would come out and say they arent releasing anymore titles seeing how Nintendo was able to turn around the 3DS.

Talking about the 3DS, it is a huge sucess without EA help either. Go figure. No one would cry if EA bankrupted. Its just sad that they managed to put their grubby hands on Bioware. They will eventually take that one apart, just like westwood and other studios before it. They will monetize and run them to the ground. The industry is better without this kind of parasitic company.

Around the Network

I'm curious as to why EA didn't simply port an older game to Wii to test the market instead of releasing a niche title. That strategy worked out decently for Capcom at least once. Twice, I suppose, since the Wii version of Okami probably made a decent profit.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Otakumegane said:
Wasn't this already posted like a month ago?

No.  I posted something similar saying that from EA's perspective but this actually has things from the companies as well as data.

tagged for later, this is so long

RolStoppable said:
F0X said:
I'm curious as to why EA didn't simply port an older game to Wii to test the market instead of releasing a niche title. That strategy worked out decently for Capcom at least once. Twice, I suppose, since the Wii version of Okami probably made a decent profit.

They ported Godfather to the Wii very early on.

Anyway, EA's sales on the Wii began to rapidly decline once they had decided that Wii owners are idiots. It wasn't just Dead Space Extraction, but also their ongoing efforts to turn their sport simulations into cartoony games. Perhaps EA was afraid that Wii owners wouldn't graduate to the 360 or PS3 eventually (which was their expectation all along, as stated in this article), so they made the necessary moves to make it happen.

Hmm. Passable, but barely. I'm going to give EA the benefit of the doubt and assume that it's the best they could've done.

I remember the cartoon Madden, but that's not all. Wii also got horrendusly gimped ports of NCAA Football and a variety of other sports games. EA's best (and probably only decent) sports effort on Wii was Tiger Woods, which actually matched up well feature-wise with the other versions (go figure - effort sometimes sells).

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

EA is shit which produces shit

Moderated,

-Mr Khan