By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA vs. Nintendo: A perspective from EA

Very interesting read. From the numbers, it's certainly easy to see why EA didn't consider the Wii U as a worthwhile investment, at least relative to other options.

And wow, I knew Nintendo was difficult to deal with way back when, but damn. No wonder the third-party market turned on them. If all that was true then it was their own arrogance that gave rise to the Playstation brand.

Around the Network
POE said:
EA is shit which produces shit

I can't help but wonder how a post like this would go down if you swapped EA's name with Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo's name. I suspect a user would be banned for a post like that, which begs the question, why are posts like this tolorated?

Good read, it had some interesting information. It gives a more close perspective of the hard end of third parties in the 8-bit, and the 16-bit era. But, it's not like EA is the only third party in the world, or the only one that had to deal with those terms, sometimes it's just that they are bitching because their bets didn't payed off.

Another thing is the whole thing is feels like the crow calling the raven black, as if EA practices with other studios have been all peachy, Westwood comes to my mind.

It's evident that the relations are not in the best terms, and both sides could be blamed. The problem is that when they use the PR to minimize their fault. -.-
Things to be noted, Nintendo did reached EA for cooperation, and taking into account Dan Adelman's statements one could think that Nintendo is setting their ego aside, then it most likely was EA's ego this time.

And to further information about EA's take on Gen4, please contact Bob Sumerwill, :p

dahuman said:
test the water with Dead Space Extraction? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? That shit was on rails!

It was over priced. I got it for free with Dead Space 2 on PS3 for move. Fun game at the PS3 price of $15 which it should have been on the Wii. As they mention though, as quality goes they were doing just as good, or better than most. They also were confused as to what types of third party games Nintendo platform owners would actually buy. All in the article.

pezus said:
Very interesting read. I'm sure most people won't read through it though and will continue to think this is some conspiracy. It's just decades of doing terribly on Nintendo platforms, and Nintendo not making it easy for them to bring the games over either.

Well, at least I got more knowlede for choosen ignorence in debates. So do you apparently.

Around the Network

So, they basically had foresight and statistics to go along with it, and still announce "unprecedented support" for Wii U?

Also, am I the only one that hasn't heard about dead space extraction?

At the very least we can start putting this Wii games made more money for 3rd party debates to rest. At least on the EA front.

oniyide said:
At the very least we can start putting this Wii games made more money for 3rd party debates to rest. At least on the EA front.

Clearly, the whole thing implies Nintendo made the vast majority of the money on the Wii U and no one else. That does not encourage publishers to publish on your platform. Things are a little clearer.

chocoloco said:
oniyide said:

Clearly, the whole thing implies Nintendo made the vast majority of the money on the Wii U and no one else. That does not encourage publishers to publish on your platform. Things are a little clearer.

wasnt talking about the WIi U. THere were some that were arguing that 3rd parties made more on WIi than Either of the HD consoles, but the graph shows how that simply isnt true at least from EA's point, it shows that it was never true in fact.

oniyide said:
chocoloco said:
oniyide said:

wasnt talking about the WIi U. THere were some that were arguing that 3rd parties made more on WIi than Either of the HD consoles, but the graph shows how that simply isnt true at least from EA's point, it shows that it was never true in fact.

That is what I meant, but erorrs happen when they have such similar names I guess.