By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Look at the lines for SSBB! (Famitsu Coverage of Launch)

wow. I was reading the news on ign where they said this type of fanfare for a single game is unheard of unless the name is Final Fantasy.

Shops all over were opening up special kiosk to handle purchases of this game only. Can't wait to see next week's numbers.

@ssj12 HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. SSBB is easily in a 90/10 split with the rest of the new releases this week.

Around the Network

This game will definately sell out this week. It's going to pull in some good numbers for a while.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

well i couldnt really understand the article but looking at the pictures it seems it had a huge amount of hype and sold very well

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Astrodust said:
I think these lines have something to do with Famitsu giving Brawl a perfect score. It will be very interesting what this game scores in NA. Any predictions for IGN's score?

i think they will give it a 9.5

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Wow ... many people where waiting for this game . Good to see that DMC4 sold well to :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Wow, huge lines. Nintendo had better be ready in NA come March 9th.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

MikeB-

DMC3 as someone stated earlier only sold 300k Lifetime on the PS2 which is 4 times bigger than the Wii's.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I'm sure SSBB's first day sales were greater than DMC4's lifetime sales in Japan.

Maybe the "shortage" was only some PR from Nintendo to increase hype even more?
Seems likely to me anyway.

The_vagabond7 said:
cube controller is the way to go.

It's going to be a long six weeks. At least I don't live in PAL territories! M'I'RITE??

:( :( :(!!!!!! why do you mock me so :(