By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bill Gates is Worlds Richest Man again. $72.7 bn!!

72 Billion. Its actually just 70000 Bugatti Veyrons. Puts things in perspective.

But why don't these Billionaires do something with their money. I would build me a personal skyscraper in Manhatten half a mile tall and live there alone. I would also put thousands of cams on the building and watch the city. At night I would project a huge Logo with my initials into the sky with the worlds strongest laser system. I would also place some mirrors on a few satellites and redirect sunlight to wherever I am. I could then turn night into day with my custom Iphone App when I feel like it.

Billionaires are boring people.

Around the Network

Kaz is richer, he just hides his fortune.

I would like to see what his charity can do in the future, apparently they're close to finding a vaccine for malaria.

How rich would he be if he didn't give any money away? 100 billion?

He seems really down to earth and likeable, and I honestly think he deserves every bit of that fortune, especially considering how much he's already given away.

By contrast, Carlos Slim seems like a bit of a dick. He's only made this much money by creating a monopoly on telecom in Mexico.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Well deserved and he is still one of the most generous guys out there , awesome!

Around the Network

Soriku said:
I wipe my ass with $72.7 billion dollars.

Could I borrow some of your toilet paper?

Kantor said:
He seems really down to earth and likeable, and I honestly think he deserves every bit of that fortune, especially considering how much he's already given away.

By contrast, Carlos Slim seems like a bit of a dick. He's only made this much money by creating a monopoly on telecom in Mexico.

He really is dick (Slim, that is).

He's one of the greatest people alive, well deserved.

crissindahouse said:
i bet there are a few richer sheiks but bloomberg and forbes don't list sheiks

i wonder if we will ever get one who is really much richer as all other rich people. bill has maybe 2x as much as the 10th richest, i want to see someone who has 4x as much as the second richest!

Yes, and many Saudi princes.