By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 surpassing Xbox 360 countdown: Let the end finally begin.

pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:

Wrong. 

360 sales are way more skewed towards NA and UK which already buy more games per console than other regions where PS3 sells considerably better than 360.

PS3 tie ratio in USA: 11.2

360 tie ratio in USA: 10.7

PS3 actually has a better tie ratio there, but because of the much larger 360 userbase there the average WW tie ratio is higher on 360.

So people in Japan bought PS3 for Blu-Ray then?

Uh...no? They just buy less games per console than people in USA

That was a joke, but text doesn't portray jokes well.

I'm sure a noticable amount of people bought PS3 for Blu-Ray, but it's probably not statistically different to the people who bought a 2nd 360 to replace the one they broke.

On second thought, the number of people who bought PS3 for Blu-Ray is probably a lot less then the number of replacement 360's. Maybe PS3 has a higher tie ratio in North America because it has a larger number of console owners (ontop of your reason of 360 having more consoles sold in USA).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
PerfectDark said:
WebMasterFlex said:
PerfectDark said:
Too late. Gen is over. Each place is set in stone.

Your post is probably the most pathetic damage control I have ever seen. It's over when there will be no more PS3 and 360 for sale. Each week you will have numbers. Better get used to it...  next year, there will still be PS3 and 360 on the charts. DWI..

Not damage control at all. Its not over when the systems arent on sale,if that was the dase then ps2 was still in the war with gc and xbox and we know that is not true. its over when new systems are out. 7-8 years in last place means they failed this gen. the xbox 360 was "the" console this gen. Just look around and mostly erveryone plays 360 mainly.

How can you say the gen is over, when Microsoft and Sony as still developing brand new games for the 360 and PS3? If the gen is over, MS and Sony would have completly shifted focus.

The generation is ending, but it's not over.

PerfectDark said:
pezus said:

That is some perfect logic for you.

PS3 was in "last place" for 7-8 years despite outselling 360 the vast majority of the weeks? 360 was "the" console this gen, despite being 23m below Wii? How do you justify this?

Wii won this gen but in terms of the main console it was the xbox 360. ps2 was "the" console last gen,etc. PS3 has been in last for years,what do you mean weeks? Overall if what i mean and that is what matters.

Overall PS3 has sold more units, so isn't that what matters?

Also I own a 360 and a Wii, and I play the Wii more, so I don't know what you mean by 360 being the winner in terms of "main console." Most people on this forum who have both a PS3 and a 360 use the PS3 as their "primary console" and keep the 360 for the exclusives.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I didn't read the comments, but hoping someone can give me the summary?

Are PS fans bringing up feelings of the PS2 glory days....AKA do they still have an emotional investment in this milestone?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
I didn't read the comments, but hoping someone can give me the summary?

Are PS fans bringing up feelings of the PS2 glory days....AKA do they still have an emotional investment in this milestone?

Summary : PS3 will be above 360 in WorldWide sales.

That's it.

Do you guys think Sony will announce they out shipped the X360 at E3?

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:
Do you guys think Sony will announce they out shipped the X360 at E3?

It may have them look like "attention whore"... perhaps they will say PS3 is as great success , but not "OMG we are above 360, suck it haters".

Damn. I'm gone two weeks and this site just go crazy nuts.

What's this nonsense about PS3 surpassing Xbox360? C'mon, people. PS3 don't even pose a threat. You're being delusional, you, people!

Well.. congrats!!...

Yay!!!

Wright said:
Damn. I'm gone two weeks and this site just go crazy nuts.

What's this nonsense about PS3 surpassing Xbox360? C'mon, people. PS3 don't even pose a threat. You're being delusional, you, people!

Time for you to check the numbers

250 million+ consoles and counting have been sold in total for the 7th generation.