By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Final Fantasy Versus And Kingdom Hearts 3 Exclusive To PS4

BaldrSkies said:
I see Sony is securing titles not just for launch, but for the end of PS4's lifecycle as well.

A grin slowly appeared on my face when I read that.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
ethomaz said:
The Square-Enix back to the roots? I can not believe it.

Oh, you mean developing awesome games for classic Nintendo consoles? Those roots? lol

he is referring to the roots in which they were awesome developers, you know FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Vagrant story, Front Mission 1/2/3, etc, etc, etc.

And if they are released square will post that the games under performed especially versus

Which is why versus probably wont be sony exclusive kingdom maybe but again square would probably make more making it multi plat

Doesn't Versus have like a $750 million budget by now? Good luck getting all that money back on a single platform. Hell....good luck getting all that money back no matter how many platforms you release for lol

So all those KH's  on Nintendo handhelds were just cockteases?

Idk...

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network
Angelus said:
Doesn't Versus have like a $750 million budget by now? Good luck getting all that money back on a single platform. Hell....good luck getting all that money back no matter how many platforms you release for lol

I doubt it's that much (seriously, do you have a link to those figures?), but as far as ever making their money back I agree 100%. It'll have to be FFVII big to make back all the money and lost time.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

gigantor21 said:
Angelus said:

I doubt it's that much (seriously, do you have a link to those figures?), but as far as ever making their money back I agree 100%. It'll have to be FFVII big to make back all the money and lost time.

No, no link

I have heard however from someone I trust that Square put around 500 mill into the game, and then Sony put up another 250ish to help them finish. Could be I'm misinformed, but that's what I've heard.

Even if that happens to be over the mark, it doesn't include marketing yet, which will easily push it those heights.

I doubt Sony could get versus as exclusive, since the game has probably run up more than 50 million in development costs....so it wouldn't make sense for square to make it exclusive to one console

But kingdom hearts 3 exclusive seems possible, on account of the remakes being ps3 exclusive

Either way its just more yummy icing on owning a ps4

No way, SE never had a problem releasing big titles late into a generation.

About the ridiculous Versus comments, the game entered full development phase Sep 2011, then SE announced that they are using almost all of their resources into the disaster that is FFXIV, then they announced Lightening Returns. It doesn't take a genius to know that Versus never had it chance nor resources

7 years / 50 Millions my a**

Lyrikalstylez said:
I doubt Sony could get versus as exclusive, since the game has probably run up more than 50 million in development costs....so it wouldn't make sense for square to make it exclusive to one console

But kingdom hearts 3 exclusive seems possible, on account of the remakes being ps3 exclusive

Either way its just more yummy icing on owning a ps4

50 million? lol

You are WAYYY off man. Tomb Raider cost them like $100 million, and Versus budget is far beyond that