By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ethomaz's #15YearsOfGT Live Thread (GT6 PS3 2013; GT5 10.66M)

Tagged games:

Suppose I'll tag this for the hell of it, not a big GT fan, but I did play GT4 a lot. Red-Bull attending, F1 mode maybe (unlikely)?

Audi, *bleep* yeah!

Around the Network

http://technology.iafrica.com/news/games/859225.html

"Sony Computer Entertainment has announced Gran Turismo 6, the latest version of PlayStation's best-selling franchise, will be released in the holiday season, 2013. The news was revealed today by Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi at an event held to celebrate 15 years of the top-selling series.

"GT6 for PlayStation 3 will bring new levels of authenticity to 'the Real Driving Simulator' as well as introducing stunning new tracks and cars and a revised user interface," a press statement read.

"A new compact game engine will improve operation and increase the flexibility to expand it with downloadable content."

The game is also set for connectivity with devices such as smartphones and tablets for social and community functions.

All of the cars and tracks from Gran Turismo 5 will be retained in GT6. But notable additions to the line-up of historic cars, road cars and the latest race cars, brings the total car list to 1200 at launch, with new cars set to be continually added online.

Several thousand aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars, and players can personalise their own custom cars in-game as well.

The UK's Silverstone Circuit will be one of seven new locations in Gran Turismo 6, taking the total to 33, with 71 different layouts available, 19 of them being new.

New tracks are also set to be made available online, while the course maker has also seen improvements.

The press statement confirmed that the GT Academy series, which sees Nissan and Sony team up to find real racing drivers, will be returning.

Other notable partnerships in the development of GT6 have been with tyre manufacturer Yokohama Rubber and suspension company KW Automotive.

"It is amazing to think that it is 15 years since we first released Gran Turismo," explained Kazunori Yamauchi, during the announcement at Silverstone Circuit.

"Things have changed a lot since then and now Gran Turismo 6 is a further evolution of my dream. We're pleased to deliver GT6 to PlayStation 3 as we have a very loyal community on that platform."

walsufnir said:

"Sony Computer Entertainment has announced Gran Turismo 6, the latest version of PlayStation's best-selling franchise, will be released in the holiday season, 2013. The news was revealed today by Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi at an event held to celebrate 15 years of the top-selling series.

"GT6 for PlayStation 3 will bring new levels of authenticity to 'the Real Driving Simulator' as well as introducing stunning new tracks and cars and a revised user interface," a press statement read.

"A new compact game engine will improve operation and increase the flexibility to expand it with downloadable content."

The game is also set for connectivity with devices such as smartphones and tablets for social and community functions.

All of the cars and tracks from Gran Turismo 5 will be retained in GT6. But notable additions to the line-up of historic cars, road cars and the latest race cars, brings the total car list to 1200 at launch, with new cars set to be continually added online.

Several thousand aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars, and players can personalise their own custom cars in-game as well.

The UK's Silverstone Circuit will be one of seven new locations in Gran Turismo 6, taking the total to 33, with 71 different layouts available, 19 of them being new.

New tracks are also set to be made available online, while the course maker has also seen improvements.

The press statement confirmed that the GT Academy series, which sees Nissan and Sony team up to find real racing drivers, will be returning.

Other notable partnerships in the development of GT6 have been with tyre manufacturer Yokohama Rubber and suspension company KW Automotive.

"It is amazing to think that it is 15 years since we first released Gran Turismo," explained Kazunori Yamauchi, during the announcement at Silverstone Circuit.

"Things have changed a lot since then and now Gran Turismo 6 is a further evolution of my dream. We're pleased to deliver GT6 to PlayStation 3 as we have a very loyal community on that platform."

I would be very dissapointed if this turns out to be true, and it probably is.

In several threads I argued why launching GT6 solely on PS3 is the worst available option long-term wise in my opinion.

Despite that, it turns out my sixth sense that made me sell my GT5 copy 2 weeks ago to change it for a Academy Edition copy had a killer idea! I certainly will buy GT6 day one even if I won't stop thinking how much better would it be to have this game on PS4/Vita...

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
walsufnir said:

In several threads I argued why launching GT6 solely on PS3 is the worst available option long-term wise in my opinion.

Despite that, it turns out my sixth sense that made me sell my GT5 copy 2 weeks ago to change it for a Academy Edition copy had a killer idea! I certainly will buy GT6 day one even if I won't stop thinking how much better would it be to have this game on PS4/Vita...

Better on Vita? Why? But yes, the situation is quite complicated. Sony has to deliver something for the PS3-fans because of their 10-yrs-plan. This game will most probably have enough content for some years to play.

The other thing is the PS4-launch. This will hurt PS4-sales most probably but of course we can only guess how many ppl will not buy PS4 day one because of this. Another thing is Drive Club: If they want to establish a new racing-game it would be DOA if a Gran Turismo release would be close to it.

walsufnir said:
eFKac said:
walsufnir said:

Better on Vita? Why? But yes, the situation is quite complicated. Sony has to deliver something for the PS3-fans because of their 10-yrs-plan. This game will most probably have enough content for some years to play.

The other thing is the PS4-launch. This will hurt PS4-sales most probably but of course we can only guess how many ppl will not buy PS4 day one because of this. Another thing is Drive Club: If they want to establish a new racing-game it would be DOA if a Gran Turismo release would be close to it.

Because I'm only talking from talking from a bussiness standpoint in my point of view. 

And Vita would certainly benefit from a Gran Turismo installment, best case scenario would be something like the PSP/PS3 case. Handheld GT holiday 2013 and PS4 GT holiday 2014. Vita would have a year of new "exclusive" Gran Turismo, PS4 already has DriveClub which has a year as a main racing game on the Sony home console to establish itself, and in 2014 PS4 has a another killer system-seller.

Then there are the things you said in the second paragraph. Some people we don't know how many, may postpone their PS4 buying plans, Evolution Studios with the DriveClub are most probably gonna get slaughtered sales-wise, and after the lackluster sales of Motorstorm Apocalypse I fear the studio might get shut down if their second game flops, hope it's not the case, but I sure those two games will cannibalise it respective sales if both are released during 2013 holidays.

Plus we may not see another GT game from Polyphony in 2-3 years time, and both new PS platforms will probably gonna them a system-seller like GT...

So OH HEAVENS how stupid that is ;_;

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Gran Turismo 6 product page discovered at official site

The Sony-managed website gran-turismo.com now features a product listing for the as-of-yet unannounced Gran Turismo 6. Currently, the link in question leads to its own unique (if empty) page; further URL manipulation produces generic results.

The discovery yields no details, but Sony is expected to announce a new entry in Polyphony Digital's driving simulation series at an anniversary event tomorrow in the UK. Drivers, start your...waiting.

This doesn't tell us pretty much anything new.

The consensus is that there will be GT6 unveiling there, the only mystery to solve, are to the platforms, or platform god forbid.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
kowenicki said:

The Sony-managed website gran-turismo.com now features a product listing for the as-of-yet unannounced Gran Turismo 6. Currently, the link in question leads to its own unique (if empty) page; further URL manipulation produces generic results.

The discovery yields no details, but Sony is expected to announce a new entry in Polyphony Digital's driving simulation series at an anniversary event tomorrow in the UK. Drivers, start your...waiting.

The consensus is that there will be GT6 unveiling there, the only mystery to solve, are to the platforms, or platform god forbid.

I am currently "wget"-ing the site and hope to find something ;)

walsufnir said:
eFKac said:
kowenicki said:

That's more like it! :D there usually are some traces in the code.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
walsufnir said:
eFKac said:
kowenicki said:

That's more like it! :D there usually are some traces in the code.

tm@timemachine:~/www.gran-turismo.com/us$ find . | grep gt6

tm@timemachine:~/www.gran-turismo.com/us$

tm@timemachine:~/www.gran-turismo.com/us$ find . -type f | xargs grep -i gt6

tm@timemachine:~/www.gran-turismo.com/us$

:(

That's already posted yesterday @kowen

Well the rumors are GT6 for PS3... thd best move from Sonu... it will be AWESOME.