By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ethomaz's #15YearsOfGT Live Thread (GT6 PS3 2013; GT5 10.66M)

Tagged games:

Around the Network

lol Gaf is getting crazy due the Rewind option...

For me a terrible ideia but there are some supporters... so if PD implement this feature, pleaso, enable it just for Pratice or Arcade races.

More news from Jordan@GTPlanet.

"Sorry for any confusion regarding the embargo, guys. It will lift by 5pm BST (Silverstone time) Wednesday, so you'll know everything by then. I just can't confirm 100% yet if I will be able to live-blog the event or not. I may not know for sure until I arrive at Silverstone, which will be around 2-3pm BST, but I think it will be impossible for them to control with so many journalists on Twitter in the room (over 80 media representatives from around the world are attending). Of course, I will work to have the full details up on GTPlanet's blog as quickly as possible.

I have also confirmed I will get time with Kazunori in a small group setting for Q&A after the big presentation.

From what I've heard so far, let's just say a lot of questions which have plagued GT fans for so long will finally be laid to rest"

I guess Kaz will finally answer some questions about BIKES  

ethomaz said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Hm, how come they could make this one so fast when GT 5 took ~6 years and ended up being a bit pants? I'm not holding my breath on this one (aka simple reskin and upscaled res GT 5)

The game will use the same GT5's engine... more modes, more cars, more tracks, enhancements, new features, new driving options, etc... that's it "Definitive".

In fact there are the features promised by Kaz to came in GT5... so I expect to GT6 have them and more.

PS. That just the online part.

Well that's really fucking dissapointng and annoying seeing that GT5 is based on the GT3 engine (this is obvious as they share some of the same bugs). These devs need to stop being lazy and realise new generation = new engine. If you keep adding to an initially small sturture, it is only going to collapse due to bad foundations.

TheJimbo1234 said:

Well that's really fucking dissapointng and annoying seeing that GT5 is based on the GT3 engine (this is obvious as they share some of the same bugs). These devs need to stop being lazy and realise new generation = new engine. If you keep adding to an initially small sturture, it is only going to collapse due to bad foundations.

The most important part of GT5... the driving physics engine is completely... neither GT5:P had it... it was first showed in the GT: Academy 2010 Demo.

The others parts have low importance for GT fans.

Around the Network

I opened up 5 threads and suddenly heard music. Now I know where it's from!

Yea, I'm pretty hyped. Recent Forza's, and MS have kinda made me swing to the GT side of SIMs again, and since I'm replacing my PS3 this fall (waiting on a sale), this could be a GT game which I could play real soon.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

ethomaz said:

TheJimbo1234 said:

The most important part of GT5... the driving physics engine is completely... neither GT5:P had it... it was first showed in the GT: Academy 2010 Demo.

The others parts have low importance for GT fans.

I'm confused, I thought the GT5 engine was a complete rebuild. That's why GT5 took so long to develop is it not?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:

I'm confused, I thought the GT5 engine was a complete rebuild. That's why GT5 took so long to develop is it not?

The driving engine was complete rebuild.

This talk about long time to develop is a myth... they released three games in four years (2006-2010).

2006: Tourist Trophy
2008: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
2009: Gran Turismo for PSP
2010: Gran Turismo 5
2013: Gran Turismo 6?

A 120 employee team.

OH MAN, so much hype. the question is do i sit up at midnight and find out what happens or do i wake up in excitement and skip school to play GT5 to calm my hype

ethomaz said:

Michael-5 said:

The driving engine was complete rebuild.

This talk about long time to develop is a myth... they released three games in four years (2006-2010).

2006: Tourist Trophy
2008: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
2009: Gran Turismo for PSP
2010: Gran Turismo 5
2013: Gran Turismo 6?

A 120 employee team.

Yea, they do a lot for such a small team. I guess it took a long time to develop only because PD was making a lot of other side games.

Also, I heard a rumor that GT6 will release in Spring 2014. So