By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games with the worst art direction

All the tech in the world won't help if your art is ugly.

What games looked horrible to you because of their art rather than their tech?

Around the Network

Battlefield 3.

below

ishiki said:
new super mario bros. Generic as generic can be. Doesn't have the flair of the old 2D ones.

With NSMB U its hit or miss for me.  This level is pretty awesome tho.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

I hate all cel-shaded & anime styled game. Also I just don't like the art style of the Darksiders franchise. Not a fan of Nintendo games art either, only Zelda: Twilight Princess looks nice too me.

Around the Network
_crazy_man_ said:
ishiki said:
new super mario bros. Generic as generic can be. Doesn't have the flair of the old 2D ones.

With NSMB U its hit or miss for me.  This level is pretty awesome tho.

yeah it's not all bad. It's the one annoys me the most though, because I love the artstyles in Paper Mario, and 2D ones, or maybe it's nostalgia goggles and I liked what I thought it was going for. I feel that with the 3D models in 2D plane the took the old artyle too literally, and it's not near as vibrant as like rayman origins or as stylized as LBP (I think NSMB is a better game than LBP however).

But it's things like this. Obviously there's tons of generic shooters... that re worse but games aren't memorable so it doesn't come to mind. But, I don't like the pastel 3D models in 2D plane I think it looks really bleh to me atleast.

Things like Rainbow 6 or tom clancy games comes to mind, A lot of them have good gameplay and decent tech and end up being quite bland looking, but it goes for ultra realistic generic military crap. So it achieves what its aiming for. 

Wasn't then but Gears of War 1 aged terribly. It's the definition of brown shooter.

And a lot of the old Fire Emblems, Megamans. Them faces.....bleh. I can handle the sprites, not the dialouge boxes with those weird faces though.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

The Arkham games. I love Batman and I have both games but can't get around to playing them because of the art direction. Also DMC: Devil May Cry. Could be due to the fact that new Dante is a douche. I think he may be Douche Cole's cousin.

HipHopGodd said:
The Arkham games. I love Batman and I have both games but can't get around to playing them because of the art direction. Also DMC: Devil May Cry. Could be due to the fact that new Dante is a douche. I think he may be Douche Cole's cousin.

I thought that about the Arkham games until i played them. It does grow on you after a while

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.