By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Kresnik said:
BaldrSkies said:

That said, the music is amazing, as usual for Gust. Ar Nosurge is a step forward for the series from AT3, it's a lot more reminiscent of AT2, and has direct ties into AT1. I wouldn't be worried about the game financially either, since Gust has enough fans to pretty much buy out the limited editions, along with sales of CDs and other goods.

I worry about Gust.  They don't seem to be having the same successes since being bought by TK.  Atelier has been seeing a bit of a minor downwards turn in sales and it seems like Ar Tonelico/Ar no Surge is down too.

And they're my second favourite of the PlayStation faithful behind Nihon Falcom.

But since the acquisition by Tecmo they've been porting the Atelier games to the PSV and that has been a good source of profit. They're certainly very cheap to make. It's somewhat normal that sales have been down for their PS3 games considering we're late in the generation and the audience is pretty saturated.

I have great hopes for their PS4 debut.

Around the Network

big refersh in two weeks.

AZWification said:

If Smash Bros Wii U doesn't appear until September then that game is doomd in Japan.

I'd say if it doesn't appear right after Mario Kart 8 picks up 20 points, then it's doomed.

ryuzaki57 said:

Don't forget the Escha&Logy anime next month. That's a pretty big step for Gust's business (along the character goods/mangas/LN that are multiplying)

True, I forgot about that.  Odd timing with it being nearly a year after the game itself, but I can't complain that they're actually branching out.

Boutros said:

But since the acquisition by Tecmo they've been porting the Atelier games to the PSV and that has been a good source of profit. They're certainly very cheap to make. It's somewhat normal that sales have been down for their PS3 games considering we're late in the generation and the audience is pretty saturated.

I have great hopes for their PS4 debut.

They're going to run out of Atelier games to port soon, though :P

I guess late in the generation fatigue is possible, and I hope that's what's happening here.  I'm really looking forward to whatever they put out for PS4.

Around the Network

This is some load of bull.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Wtf happened. Shoppers on crack or something?

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

GdaTyler said:
Wtf happened. Shoppers on crack or something?

O.o

First day sell-through:

Soul Sacrifice Delta: ~40% (and shipment is lower than the original release)
Ar nosurge: ~60%
Doraemon Shin Nobita: ~5%

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

small44 said:
First day sell-through:

Soul Sacrifice Delta: ~40% (and shipment is lower than the original release)
Ar nosurge: ~60%
Doraemon Shin Nobita: ~5%

lol no love for Doraemon...

Ar No Surge quite fine on launch day. Let's see what happens on Monday and beyond.