By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

AlphaCielago said:
Kresnik said:
AlphaCielago said:

Why would it be miraculously? It's pretty much a given, either one or two will probably come close to that game in pre-orders on here for the Wii U, maybe even nothing.

I think you missed my point.  In 13 days, there are only going to be Sony games in the chart unless something for WiiU or 3DS shows up.

Given the pattern of pre-orders for previous WiiU games (i.e. Mario 3D World; Donkey Kong) only showing up a few weeks before release (and Mario Kart 8 is something like 3 months away), it's not going to be the game to change that.

I'm not saying it won't show up - of course it will.  I'm asking whether it's likely to show up in the next 13 days.

Sorry, my bad then. Well, I guess that with the release of the PS4 and some other games leaving soon, there is the possibility of 3DS games or MK showing up.

If mk keeps it's amazon position for a while, it won't take long untill it shows up.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

yeah, lately it would take around 180 points of sales to reach that.

Basis for arriving at that number?  Are you comparing point / FW sales to previous Yakuza games?  In which case, can I see the numbers please out of genuine interest?

tbone51 said:
Next 3ds game to show up? That DX game? AA 123? Or maybe that FF game?

Mario Party Island Tour releases end of Mario then.....Mario Golf? Persona Q (June)?

Seriously, where are all the 3DS games? After Mario Golf the only big games are Smash Bros and Persona. I want more JRPG's! Localize DQ7 in NA, and announce Advance Wars already!

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Kresnik said:
Zero999 said:

yeah, lately it would take around 180 points of sales to reach that.

Basis for arriving at that number?  Are you comparing point / FW sales to previous Yakuza games?  In which case, can I see the numbers please out of genuine interest?

the basis is that lately I've seen lots of titles getting x points in sales and the actual sales being around 0.5k per point.

dragon quest for example, 1000 points and under 500k sales. same with sengoku basara and mobile suit gundan.

Michael-5 said:
tbone51 said:

Mario Party Island Tour releases end of Mario then.....Mario Golf? Persona Q (June)?

Seriously, where are all the 3DS games? After Mario Golf the only big games are Smash Bros and Persona. I want more JRPG's! Localize DQ7 in NA, and announce Advance Wars already!

there's yoshi, and bravely second, and smash.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

the basis is that lately I've seen lots of titles getting x points in sales and the actual sales being around 0.5k per point.

dragon quest for example, 1000 points and under 500k sales. same with sengoku basara and mobile suit gundan.

Check the first link in my sig.  I've seen lots of titles get x points in sales and actual sales around 1.5k-2k per point.

There are so many variables that a blanket statement like that just doesn't fly.  

I'm not saying that Yakuza is going to sell 100k - I have no idea.  I'm saying if you're going to make an assumption like that, do some research for it.  Find some similarities to other titles rather than picking two PS3 titles (in its 8th year on the market) and Dragon Quest (something like the 2nd or 3rd biggest IP in Japan).

So for example - how have previous Yakuza games done in points vs. FW sales?  How did PS3 launch titles do in points vs. FW sales?  That'll give you a better picture.

Zero999 said:
Michael-5 said:
tbone51 said:

there's yoshi, and bravely second, and smash.

Oh right Bravely Second.

Still..... :-/ We just got Bravely Default, so no point getting hyped for the sequel already, and I'm going to get Smash for WiiU, not both.

Just feels like if you don't like Smash or Persona, after May 3DS is looking very boring.... I hope they announce something big at E3, and not just Pokemon Z.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

ktay95 said:

Not detailed enough. I can not see the unsold copies of DK.

Michael-5 said:
tbone51 said:

If Persona is big, then we have Senran Kagura 2, MH4U, Yoshi's Island after Mario Golf and possibly Bravely 2. We'll probably also get new titles. Before Mario Party we have, Theatrythm 2, Love Plus+, Harvest Moon, Mario Party. 

The real problem is that the 3DS doesn't have anything that can drive sales back on track, maybe Smash for a week or two, but no other games in my list has that potential and that's what's hurting it.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David