By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

zorg1000 said:
NateH said:
Link's Awakening ended with only 22 points but sold 141,375 first week.

Yep, COMG doesnt represent the market nearly as much as they once did.

Well it went up to 106 points in the weekly ranking, is that normal? If not maybe it just wasn't a very preordered title and was bought on day 1 instead?

I don't follow the weekly points usually so I don't know how big of a jump from last day preorders to weekly points is normal.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
zorg1000 said:

Yep, COMG doesnt represent the market nearly as much as they once did.

Well it went up to 106 points in the weekly ranking, is that normal? If not maybe it just wasn't a very preordered title and was bought on day 1 instead?

I don't follow the weekly points usually so I don't know how big of a jump from last day preorders to weekly points is normal.

Yep, the weekly points are what people should be looking at to predict first week sales. Been saying that for quite a long time now. Reason being is that (the opening week's) weekly points encapsulate all pre-order points as well as the sales of the first few days, which is inherently way more predictive than just pre-orders alone.

Last edited by Megiddo - on 26 September 2019

Megiddo said:
Barkley said:

Yep, the weekly points are what people should be looking at to predict first week sales. Been saying that for quite a long time now. Reason being is that (the opening week's) weekly points encapsulate all pre-order points as well as the sales of the first few days, which is inherently way more predictive than just pre-orders alone.

Very true

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

NateH said:
Link's Awakening ended with only 22 points but sold 141,375 first week.

Yes that's why i'm not too concerned about Sw/Sh cause the points have been really low for switch games. Like LA got a ration of what 6 lmao ? Pokemon can easily be in the high 2 of ration or even close to 3.

Around the Network

P5 domination. SST going strong again. FF7 increasing after getting surpassed by Code Vein. smh

Yay! Luigi!!!

And the bottom of the chart is 8 points...and on its last day with 2 others leaving with it....

Something tells me we're going to be setting some new records for chart lows soon. Possibly even before the end of the year, yikes.

Luigi! Nice of you to join us! Now show your brother who's boss!

3 different versions of Death Stranding? Did Kojima look into Ubisoft game version release charts and thought: "Great idea, I'll do so too"?

Death stranding with 3 different Versions in the Chart, nice boost today