By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

HylianSwordsman said:
Again, guys, a PORT of a 3DS game that sold less than half a million LIFETIME in its original release is looking likely to outperform or at the very least match the performance of a NEW MAINLINE ENTRY of a POKEMON SALES TIER GAME on a NEW CONSOLE (for the series) where the last entry sold over half a million IN THE FIRST WEEK. Rune Factory 4 Special has no expectations for it, so it doesn't need to sell well. Yokai Watch on the other hand was on par with Pokemon at one point, and now it'll be lucky to sell 100k first week. If things don't turn around substantially for Yokai Watch, this is an epic bomb, no two ways about it. I've nothing against Yokai Watch, Nintendo, or Switch. I'm just stating the facts here. This is a truly astounding bomb we're about to witness. Yokai Watch has about a month and a half to prove me wrong and I'm cheering for it to do so because while I haven't tried it, it seems like a good series, and I might give it a try someday. But first it has to make it to the West, and considering how much worse YW does in the west, we're approaching the level of bomb where it wouldn't be worth the money to translate. VGChartz threw out most of their regional data (GRRR) but it still has some, and what it does have is sobering. Yokai Watch 2: Psychic Specters? 2.95 million in global sales, 2.69 million were sold in Japan. That's 91% of sales in Japan. If Japan shinks in sales by 80% or so, which is what it's looking like if COMG is remotely reflective of the Japanese market, then you're looking at less than 100k lifetime in the west if Level 5 bothered to translate it.

You’re really underestimating yokai. It will easily clear 100k first week, and if the switch mini does indeed drop in late June, it will have legs as well. I still think it will end up a million seller overtime 

Around the Network

Marth said:
lol in the end SAO beats Minecraft by a single point and is now the biggest 3rd party Switch game on COMG.

Wow! That is awesome.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Will super Mario Maker 2 show up soon?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

MasonADC said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Again, guys, a PORT of a 3DS game that sold less than half a million LIFETIME in its original release is looking likely to outperform or at the very least match the performance of a NEW MAINLINE ENTRY of a POKEMON SALES TIER GAME on a NEW CONSOLE (for the series) where the last entry sold over half a million IN THE FIRST WEEK. Rune Factory 4 Special has no expectations for it, so it doesn't need to sell well. Yokai Watch on the other hand was on par with Pokemon at one point, and now it'll be lucky to sell 100k first week. If things don't turn around substantially for Yokai Watch, this is an epic bomb, no two ways about it. I've nothing against Yokai Watch, Nintendo, or Switch. I'm just stating the facts here. This is a truly astounding bomb we're about to witness. Yokai Watch has about a month and a half to prove me wrong and I'm cheering for it to do so because while I haven't tried it, it seems like a good series, and I might give it a try someday. But first it has to make it to the West, and considering how much worse YW does in the west, we're approaching the level of bomb where it wouldn't be worth the money to translate. VGChartz threw out most of their regional data (GRRR) but it still has some, and what it does have is sobering. Yokai Watch 2: Psychic Specters? 2.95 million in global sales, 2.69 million were sold in Japan. That's 91% of sales in Japan. If Japan shinks in sales by 80% or so, which is what it's looking like if COMG is remotely reflective of the Japanese market, then you're looking at less than 100k lifetime in the west if Level 5 bothered to translate it.

You’re really underestimating yokai. It will easily clear 100k first week, and if the switch mini does indeed drop in late June, it will have legs as well. I still think it will end up a million seller overtime 

Lol, a million seller? That's still a mega bomb for Yokai. Even if it does clear 100K, that's still not the 600k it once was. It'll be lucky to get a quarter of that.

Around the Network
HylianSwordsman said:
MasonADC said:

Lol, a million seller? That's still a mega bomb for Yokai. Even if it does clear 100K, that's still not the 600k it once was. It'll be lucky to get a quarter of that.

A million wouldn’t be a bomb. Do you think Level 5 still thinks that it is 2014? Do you think they expect a 3 million seller? Let’s think with reason here. 

MasonADC said:
HylianSwordsman said:

A million wouldn’t be a bomb. Do you think Level 5 still thinks that it is 2014? Do you think they expect a 3 million seller? Let’s think with reason here. 

Yes, it's a bomb. For Yokai, it's a bomb. Not sure why you feel the need to defend them. I've nothing against them, but facts are facts.

HylianSwordsman said:
MasonADC said:

Yes, it's a bomb. For Yokai, it's a bomb. Not sure why you feel the need to defend them. I've nothing against them, but facts are facts.

Ok the, you are definitely trolling. No one thinking can be that idiotic 

PM sent ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 26 April 2019

Day of the year Sony points Nintendo points Sony games Nintendo games Sony ratio Nintendo ratio
7-Jan-2019 793 53 18 2 44 27
21-Jan-2019 934 8 19 1 49 8
4-Feb-2019 385 14 19 1 20 14
18-Feb-2019 435 39 17 3 26 13
4-Mar-2019 429 53 16 4 27 13
18-Mar-2019 396 127 13 7 30 18
25-Mar-2019 145 130 13 7 11 19
8-Apr-2019 162 130 12 8 14 16
22-Apr-2019 172 168 11 9 16 19
23-Apr-2019 174 169 11 9 16 19
24-Apr-2019 176 170 11 9 16 19
25-Apr-2019 174 180 10 10 17 18
Average 2019 427 74 16 4 27 17

Hi/Bye, Dragon's Dogma

Nice run from SAO, becoming the best 3rd party title for the Switch in the preorders. Now it needs to beat Minecraft in the actual sales. Any info on what it has to beat FW (COMG and/or MC/Famitsu)? 

Marth said:
Preorders for Mario Maker 2 open tomorrow with two available versions.
Regular and a version with 12 months of Nintendo Switch Online.
Also both versions include a capacitive pen.

I hope that Pen comes to the west, too. Otherwise I will have to take out the one from my Wii U or DS for that