By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

There it is! It made it to the top! And it ain't stopping!!! 100 points is just a blink away!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

KH3 increase again. WOO!!!

20th place at double digits. Been a while since we've seen that.

PAOerfulone said:

Pokemon - 1.7 million
Smash - 1.2 million
KH3 - 750k

At this rate, not enough for Smash

Well, I have it somewhere between 1.2 - 1.5 million, like I established in a prior thread. 
But I decided to go with the minimum for this one.

Around the Network

Really surprising how muted the pre-orders are for Pokemon compared to Smash, even when you factor in the multiple SKUs not charting yet.

I can't wait until we have all 6 SKUs of Pokemon on the charts, so we can see Pokemon's full movement and total. I think it's a bit bigger than we're expecting. I think Smash might still be bigger though.

Smash beating pokemon easily? Is that expected..

...and we have a new number one....

outlawauron said:
Mar1217 said:
Haha, Etrian cockblocked SSB xD

On another note, Octopath seems to have done decently on it's FW. Now, I do think shortages prevented further success for this week but the legs will be interesting to watch in the next 2 weeks !

Square Enix can only force stores to order so much lol. Word of mouth is pretty strong, even if the preorders weren't strong.

To add to this, retailers have gotten burned by bombs in the past, and leftover stock gets compounded by trade-ins especially if the game turns out to be a stinker. Just look at how heavily discounted New Gundam Breaker is now.

Kerotan said:
Smash beating pokemon easily? Is that expected..

Smash definitely appeals to a more hardcore audience, and there's a lot more excitement within the competitive community for it - something Let's Go doesn't have much of within Pokémon's own hardcore fanbase. That said, Yo-Kai Watch 4 might even steal its thunder in Japan given how much better it looks in terms of graphics.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3