By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Ryng_Tolu said:
First day disappointing for Pokémon pre orders. Nowhere close to Sun/Moon, X/Y or any other big Pokémon game.
This makes me think that it may really sell way less than the others Pokémon at launch, but in others hands... that's COMG, the ratio could be huge. And also, considering the install base during the release, it's obvius they gonna do less than X/Y or Sun/Moon.

Now, talking about Smash Ultimate, what really interest me. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell... 3DS comparation right now is laughable. But we'll see because in the end Smash 3DS pre orders were very strong too.

But right now, Smash Ultimate is looking like a different beast, that first day of pre orders was huge.

I do not quite understand the statement regarding the ratio.

Around the Network

SnK IV increase.
KH3 increase! WOO!!!!

Iku ze, Pikachu! has entered the chart before Eievui. Really disappointed that they named the title that and didn't add a Gekkouga version. That means no XYZ theme song to play during trailers.

Damn nice opening for Smash. And for pokémon, it will do great no matter what so i'm not worried.

Go Smash!!

Now that's a smashing debut!

Around the Network

Oh shoot will Smash dethrone Etrian Odyssey.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Smash will be a 20 million seller WW.

Don’t know why people are surprised considering how big smash is right now.

Even with the Wii U, the fan base never stops growing. (Twitch viewers, fan tournaments have been trending upward year on year)

Pokémon on the other hand has been on a downward spiral san a little blip that was Go. USUM was a joke.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Now that's a smashing debut!

BlackBeauty said:

Smash will be a 20 million seller WW.

Don’t know why people are surprised considering how big smash is right now.

Even with the Wii U, the fan base never stops growing. (Twitch viewers, fan tournaments have been trending upward year on year)

Pokémon on the other hand has been on a downward spiral san a little blip that was Go. USUM was a joke.

Downward sprial? USUM sold better than Crystal and Emerald, it'll pass Platinum soon, and it's currently only 650k behind B2/W2, games that had actual effort put into them. USUM was incredibly lazy and still put up numbers on par with the previous third versions and sequels. Not to mention, SuMo released after Pokemon Go and managed to outsell R/S and B/W, both of which launched on larger userbases (significantly larger in B/W's case). Even though Diamond and Pearl were on a console that sold 80 million units more than 3DS, the games only managed to sell 1.38 million units more than X/Y, and 1.57 million more than SuMo. The core series has not seen any decline, and in addition, Pokemon Go has multiplied the Pokemon Company's annual profits by a factor of 8 compared to the previous decade. As a franchise, Pokemon is in a stronger position right now than it has been in at any point since 2002.

Last edited by StarDoor - on 13 July 2018

Smashed it's way to the charts!

Pocky Lover Boy!