By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Mar1217 said:
zorg1000 said:
Damn you Tropical Freeze, 1 point away from matching the original.

What truly matter are the sales though :P

Of course, and it will smash the original.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Since its golden week, hence games will get a sales boost, though golden week has been rather lame the last few years, why are not more games being released? It looks like only Donkey Kong is taking advantage of launching now

Detroit: Become Ningen has finally entered the charts.

Welcome detroit.

zorg1000 said:
Tropical Freeze is one point away from tying the original release.

Weeelllllll it finished 1 point below but as so many have said, COMG doesn't seem as accurate at it used to be because of other retailers etc... So it will probably open higher than the Wii U version.

How much did the last Switch game sell with 23 points on COMG?

Around the Network

Welcome Detroit: Become Human, was hoping to see you tomorrow so that's nice!

JSG87 said:
zorg1000 said:
Tropical Freeze is one point away from tying the original release.

It's pretty random. Hyrule warriors had 13 points last day, sold  25k FW. DQ Builders had 19 points in the last day, and sold 28k FW. Snack World had 15 points last day, sold 35k FW. And Bayo (Climax edition) had 15 points last day, sold only 11k FW (20k total with the other SKU, but no last day points for that one on COMG).

Most seem to have a good ratio though, and Tropical Freeze releases during Golden Week. I'll say ~45k First Week.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
JSG87 said:

It's pretty random. Hyrule warriors had 13 points last day, sold  25k FW. DQ Builders had 19 points in the last day, and sold 28k FW. Snack World had 15 points last day, sold 35k FW. And Bayo (Climax edition) had 15 points last day, sold only 11k FW (20k total with the other SKU, but no last day points for that one on COMG).

Most seem to have a good ratio though, and Tropical Freeze releases during Golden Week. I'll say ~45k First Week.

It's not that random. Switch's userbase is much more of a broader usergroup so you generally don't have people who preorder as much. Anime/niche games typically are over-represented in COMG because their fanbases are more likely to preorder something than someone who would buy Snack World, Yokai Watch, etc.

The rest of it is attributed to platform representations at COMG and random retailer promotions. It's not always perfect, but you can usually guess which games will outperform their ratios. I agree that DKC TF should outdo its ratio.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Welcome Persona!