By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Why don’t japanese people like Xenoblade? Did the other Xeno games (before Nintendo purchased Monolith Soft) have this same problem in Japan?

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network
Stellar_Fungk said:
Why don’t japanese people like Xenoblade? Did the other Xeno games (before Nintendo purchased Monolith Soft) have this same problem in Japan?

It's doing much better on Amazon Japan, where it's been in the top 20 since the direct and the weeks before it was always around the 30-50th spot. At this rate the game will have a superb ratio

Ryng_Tolu said: 

Oh, this, and also the fact that Splatoon 2 was underrated as fuck, but well what i have to say, i always expected insane performance for Spaltoon 2, sooooo yeah it was never impossible for Splatoon 2 to outsell Pokémon USUM this year... will be a very close one.

Splatoon 2 sold 3.61 million as of September 31st. That is a huge amount of sales and amazing at that. I wouldn't say "underrated", if anything it goes to show that it will probably easily get to 8 mil and possibly get to 10-11 by the end of it's life.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Ryng_Tolu said: 

Oh, this, and also the fact that Splatoon 2 was underrated as fuck, but well what i have to say, i always expected insane performance for Spaltoon 2, sooooo yeah it was never impossible for Splatoon 2 to outsell Pokémon USUM this year... will be a very close one.

Splatoon 2 sold 3.61 million as of September 31st. That is a huge amount of sales and amazing at that. I wouldn't say "underrated", if anything it goes to show that it will probably easily get to 8 mil and possibly get to 10-11 by the end of it's life.

I talk about Japan not worldwide, and also i mostly talk about before Splatoon 2 launch. I mean, to me Splatoon 2 will easy reach 10 million lifetime, my bet is +12 million considering it already shipped 3.61 million, but for most people that was a huge number. Like, someone agreed on 10 million, but many were thinking that 7/8 million was more realistic. Also, in Japan Splatoon 2 should sell 5 million lifrtime, including digital sales. This year alone it should reach 2 million or really get close to that and is gonna have insane legs.

Ryng_Tolu said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I talk about Japan not worldwide, and also i mostly talk about before Splatoon 2 launch. I mean, to me Splatoon 2 will easy reach 10 million lifetime, my bet is +12 million considering it already shipped 3.61 million, but for most people that was a huge number. Like, someone agreed on 10 million, but many were thinking that 7/8 million was more realistic. Also, in Japan Splatoon 2 should sell 5 million lifrtime, including digital sales. This year alone it should reach 2 million or really get close to that and is gonna have insane legs.

Wow, I read that completely wrong! I read that as you implying splatoon 2 is underperforming, lol!

Around the Network

In six days PS4 games will dominate this pre-order charts. Will this remain for a while or is there a silver lining on the horizon for the Switch/3DS in Japan?

Last edited by XD84 - on 12 November 2017

tbone51 said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:
wonder if monster will get more attention when pokemon is released

Itll keep going at the pace (which isnt bad) but dont forget Dec is a slow month of pre orders because everyone spending for the holidays. MH should pick up end of dec/beginning of jan

then i hope they are spending their holiday money to pre-order monster hunter;)

Good day Pokemon. Monster Hunter moving but I want more.

Stellar_Fungk said:

To be fair they never were big fans of the Xenoblade games, with X being the best games sales wise for the FW, doing about 90 or 100k.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

According to VGC, the first Xenosaga sold 450k and Xenogears sold 890k in Japan alone while Xenoblade Wii, X & 3DS sold 440k combined.