By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

MHW is being very consistent. Odyssey slowed down when the ads started to show up, for some reason.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Only 35 days when pokemon will be released,looks like it is not doing as well as usual.

Gooo Gran Turismo!

Sam1994 said:
Only 35 days when pokemon will be released,looks like it is not doing as well as usual.

How well should it be doing? 

Kerotan said:
Sam1994 said:

Its doing fine (okish). Its hard to compare as the only game in franchise that makes sense for comparsion is bw2.

Comparing it to new gens/remakes isn't fair. I dont remember how bw2 did and that was awhile ago (and on ds)

I think 2mil-2.5mil is good for this game lifetime. Might get slightly under that imo

Around the Network

.hack is the winner today. Nice.

nice, hope monster hunter can surpass 200 points this weekend

tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

Its doing fine (okish). Its hard to compare as the only game in franchise that makes sense for comparsion is bw2.

Comparing it to new gens/remakes isn't fair. I dont remember how bw2 did and that was awhile ago (and on ds)

I think 2mil-2.5mil is good for this game lifetime. Might get slightly under that imo

With the Switch being the big hot item, 3DS sales and interest slowing down in what could be its final year with meaningful support (besides the early part of 2018 with the Atlus localized games), history of third versions (and BW2), and with the knowledge of Pokemon coming to Switch with a new mainline RPG installment, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon can only sell so much in the current situation of the 3DS. BW2 sold around 8-9 million LT since they launched in 2012, on an install base of about 152 million (probably less if you consider a lot of owners moving on to 3DS or other consoles).

Odyssey needs some big weekend sales if it's to stay ahead of 3D Land. I don't think it will have more points by launch though.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Pokemon B2W2 had over 1100 points 35 days before release. Yes I went spelunking through the old thread to find that.

Pokemon XY had barely more points (still under 1200) at 35 days despite having a much bigger opening week. ORAS had just over 900 points at 35 days and sold only slightly less than B2W2 its first week.

B2W2: ~1100 points —> ~1.5 million sales FW
XY: ~1200 points —> ~1.9 million sales FW
ORAS: ~900 points —> ~1.5 million sales FW
SM: ~1100 points —> ~1.9 million sales FW

USUM is definitely underperforming but I’m not sure how that will play out. Could simply be that COMG is not very predictive of Pokemon sales. Sun/Moon had fewer points than B2W2 but a much bigger opening. So we could expect something with a B2W2 sized opening to have far fewer points. But as few as USUM has? That I don’t know.

PS good day for no update?