By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

uran10 said:
Teeqoz said:
What is going on with MHXX? The numbers it is pulling are pathetic. Has the franchise been milked too much?

Um... Its a port, of an enhanced version of an enhanced version. Not only is it that but the original game and the original enhanced version and the enhanced enhanced version all sold well and probably had double and triple dippers. The numbers its pulling are bad, but its what you expect with the amount of milk this is.

I mean, an upscaled port of MH3P did over half a million on PS3. MHXX isn't nearly as popular as MH3P but it's not late port = flop for this series, especially considering it's Switch vs PS3 comparison. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Sam1994 said:
outlawauron said:

It'd be a big flop if they couldn't do 100k lifetime.

It will be something of a disappointment if it couldn't do 100k first week.

I'm not expecting that much, but it certainly could do 100k FW. 85k FW is my prediction.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Dr.Vita said:
Not bad The Legend of Heroes. Could this one be a 100k+ seller for PS4?

It'd be a big flop if they couldn't do 100k lifetime.

Yep but I meant first week. ^^

Neptunia moving nicely

Around the Network

Yay Pokken!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Good day Megadimension Neptunia.

MHXX really, truly is something special.

Everybody's Golf needs to pick up pace.

SuperNova said:
Slarvax said:

It's gonna do lower than expected, but it's a port of a sequel of spin-off (well, not a main entry, so...). With the 3DS version released earlier this year, and MHW early next year, there's no reason at all to buy a game, that most people already have, when a new, bigger, and prettier entry's coming not too far off.

The bullshit about this is that Capcom will use MHXX Switches to be expected lackluster performance to justify bringing no more MH games and possibly nothing but old Snes ports to the system. They've announced MHXX is part of their 'evaluation' of the Switch as a worthwhile system.

They'll just be like: 'Sorry guys, we reeeeeeaaally tried, but Nintendo owners are suddenly not interested in MH anymore.'

Well, that's how they'll be if Monster Hunter World sells equal to the handheld titles in Japan which has literally never happened in this franchise's history.  Trust me, if they see a significant decline due to lost handheld sales, the Switch will suddenly be such a no brainer to them.  Cause this is Capcom, the company that does so many 180s that you have to have a doctor's note stating you don't get motion sickness in order to work there.