By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

BaldrSkies said:
With the GE2 demo coming out after launch now, a few people who were waiting to try the demo before preordering might have started just preordering the game instead.

They already released a trial of the game. 

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
SnakeDrake said:
BaldrSkies said:
With the GE2 demo coming out after launch now, a few people who were waiting to try the demo before preordering might have started just preordering the game instead.

I mean the full opening demo. It gives you the first 3 chapters straight from the retail game.

BaldrSkies said:
SnakeDrake said:
BaldrSkies said:

I mean the full opening demo. It gives you the first 3 chapters straight from the retail game.

oh wow now thats a demo i mean the trial was already long enough lol 

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
BaldrSkies said:
SnakeDrake said:
BaldrSkies said:

Maybe they liked what they saw with Soul Sacrifice, because combined with the planned free monthly content DLC, it's a level of free stuff never before seen from Bandai Namco.

It's like seeing EA on the Humble Bundle! What is the world coming to?

BaldrSkies said:
SnakeDrake said:
BaldrSkies said:
SnakeDrake said:
BaldrSkies said:

Maybe they liked what they saw with Soul Sacrifice, because combined with the planned free monthly content DLC, it's a level of free stuff never before seen from Bandai Namco.

It's like seeing EA on the Humble Bundle! What is the world coming to?

Its a scary world we live in 

Around the Network
tonio_13 said:
outlawauron said:
tonio_13 said:

Not sure if serious,we were used to have 3 main ff totally different per gen. Well only 2 for the ps2 era (mmo episodes are special) and this gen is just about 1 ff and its sequels. And this is not like if 13 was a huge success commercially or critically or being requested for more by fans of the franchise.

Ah, yes. Let's ignore that Square diverisified in other platforms (mobile and handheld) where they didn't put many games on, while also ignoring the great time required with new hardware. FF13 sold more than X-2 and XII (and every FF before 7), so it's not like it sold badly. FF13-2 and LR are both full fledged titles in the series though. It's not a spin off like Dirge of Cerberus.

What's the point of spin offs on mobile and handheld when we're talking mothership titles on consoles ? Also the great time required with new hardware is not a new fact, it is the same thing at every new gen, and this gen was particularly long which gives them more time... Also I never said 13 sold badly, there is a gap between "huge success" and "bad", and of course it sold better than every ff before 7, FF was irrelant in the west to the general public before the 7th.

I don't see what's your trying to justify, facts are simple. FF gamers were used to have three mothership FF by gen, which were totally different and new. This declines a little during the ps2 era with only 2  mothership titles, but this gen is only about 1 FF and its sequels. That is the big the problem. Maybe if the 13 was universally liked and requested for more that would be acceptable, but that is nowhere near the case.

People are just getting saturated with 13 universe.

Because they split up their internal teams more to work on a higher number of projects on a higher number of platforms. This wasn't the case any previous generation.

Your comment about it not being a huge success in any way implied you thought it did badly commericially and critically. It definitely sold well, but I the "huge" before success is your caveat.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Boutros said:

I think God Eater 2 WIll finally be the series first million seller. 

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

GdaTyler said:
Boutros said:

If your talking about On Vita alone then i doubt it. Bth PSP+PSV definitely though. The highest Vita game in japan is Persona 4: The Golden which sold over 300k with digital sales. (probably be passed by Toukiden as it is around 250k and hasn't seen a holiday yet)

Gods Eater Burst sold around 700k on an install base of over 18mil. Vita has 2mil (it'll increase this holiday by close to 3mil if not a little over).

GE2 on Vita will be held back cuz of psp (even though it'll outsell it) but i say 800k max lifetime, psp will steal 250k-300k of those sales making it a mil seller if you count both handhelds!

tbone51 said:
GdaTyler said:
Boutros said:

If your talking about On Vita alone then i doubt it. Bth PSP+PSV definitely though. The highest Vita game in japan is Persona 4: The Golden which sold over 300k with digital sales. (probably be passed by Toukiden as it is around 250k and hasn't seen a holiday yet)

Gods Eater Burst sold around 700k on an install base of over 18mil. Vita has 2mil (it'll increase this holiday by close to 3mil if not a little over).

GE2 on Vita will be held back cuz of psp (even though it'll outsell it) but i say 800k max lifetime, psp will steal 250k-300k of those sales making it a mil seller if you count both handhelds!

I meant PSP+Vita, but Vita getting another million seller would be good too, but not impossible, :( More people will buy this game than you think. :D

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

GdaTyler said:
Boutros said: