By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Splatoon is kinda reminding me of the rise of Stone Cold Steve Austin...I know weird reminder right? Haha
It gains some attention with its initial reveal, own Direct, and Test Fire (Austin gaining momentum after his King of the Ring win and infamous "Austin 3:16"); then it's gaining of respect and popularity despite the Wii U's struggles (Austin turning face and a popular anti-hero after never giving up in Wrestlemania 13 against Bret Hart); and now it's rise as a franchise and heavy hitter in Japan and Splatoon 2 appeard more than poised in helping with the Switch's first year launch (Austin claiming the WWF title the following Mania, and to some, launching the Attitude Era).

So....after my weird metaphor, it's incredible how Splatoon has risen as a potential franchise (technically it already is due to having merchandise, concerts, manga, cameo appearance in Squid Girl, etc.).

Around the Network

Famitsu’s most wanted games (4/23/17)

1. [PS4] Dragon Quest XI – 1,007 votes
2. [3DS] Dragon Quest XI – 750 votes
3. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake – 735 votes
4. [NSW] Splatoon 2 – 440 votes
5. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III – 385 votes
6. [3DS] The Alliance Alive – 347 votes
7. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 302 votes
8. [PS4] Tekken 7 – 299 votes
9. [PS4] Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age – 288 votes
10. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey – 281 votes
11. [PS4] Everybody’s Golf – 258 votes
12. [3DS] The Snack World – 198 votes
13. [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III – 175 votes
14. [PS4] Gran Turismo Sport – 173 votes
15. [NSW] Dragon Quest XI – 167 votes
16. [NSW] Seiken Densetsu Collection – 163 votes
17. [3DS] Shin Megami Tensei: Deep Strange Journey – 160 votes
18. [PSV] Gun Gun Pixie – 158 votes
19. [PSV] Omega Labyrinth Z – 155 votes
20. [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – 153 votes
21. [PS4] Ace Combat 7 – 152 votes
22. [3DS] Hey! Pikmin – 151 votes
23. [PS4] Ys VIII – 149 votes
24. [3DS] Layton’s Mystery Journey – 148 votes
25. [3DS] Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology – 136 votes
26. [NSW] Fire Emblem Warriors – 134 votes
27. [3DS] Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2 – 127 votes
28. [PSV] Death Mark – 126 votes
29. [NSW] ARMS – 122 votes
30. [PS4] Disaster Report 4 Plus: Summer Memories – 111 votes

great momentum for Switch - I can imagine this going strong till Xmas now.

Switch!!!

Complete dominance from the top 5! Dragon Quest 11 is doing amazing!

Probably it's not a good comparison but how many points had Pokemon Sun Moon compared to Dragon Quest?

Maybe it's because Splatoon 2 is beasting but DQXI seems low in my opinion.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
SuperNova said:

Jeeez Splatoon. I don't even know what even to say to that. Last time I've seen a game beast like this was Yokai Watch 2, I think.

NIce to see MKD8 ahead for another day. I really hope it can stay that way.

Im surpised its holding lol

PAOerfulone said:
Splatoon 2 almost got more points today than MK8D and both versions of DQ11 combined.
I see 1000+ points inkoming for the Kids and Squids. (God Damn it, Tbone!)

Splatoon2 going to cannibalize dq11 :p

Well, I saw it coming already but nobody wanted to believe me:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8377146

hiska-kun said:

Probably it's not a good comparison but how many points had Pokemon Sun Moon compared to Dragon Quest?

Sun&Moon had 527 points at 97 days left.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Kai_Mao said:
Splatoon is kinda reminding me of the rise of Stone Cold Steve Austin...I know weird reminder right? Haha
It gains some attention with its initial reveal, own Direct, and Test Fire (Austin gaining momentum after his King of the Ring win and infamous "Austin 3:16"); then it's gaining of respect and popularity despite the Wii U's struggles (Austin turning face and a popular anti-hero after never giving up in Wrestlemania 13 against Bret Hart); and now it's rise as a franchise and heavy hitter in Japan and Splatoon 2 appeard more than poised in helping with the Switch's first year launch (Austin claiming the WWF title the following Mania, and to some, launching the Attitude Era).

So....after my weird metaphor, it's incredible how Splatoon has risen as a potential franchise (technically it already is due to having merchandise, concerts, manga, cameo appearance in Squid Girl, etc.).

I would rather have said Bill Goldberg than Steve Austin. Splatoon is basically screaming "Who's next!?!" at each successful franchise in Japan

Slarvax said:
hiska-kun said:

Sun&Moon had 527 points at 97 days left.

As I was suspecting. At the moment DQXI pre-orders don't look huge as one should expect from a main entry of this brand.

I can see SE delaying the game. 

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Splatoon is a monster, if nintendo manages to get MH5, Yokai Watch and unveil Pokemon Eclipse and animal crossing during e3]we can say japan is locked, i can see switch reaching 3ds numbers in japan.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata