By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Butcher2709 said:
Nuvendil said:

But that was a follow up to a numbered entry.  X was an inbetween game thing.  I don't think most people, regardless of their thoughts on X, WANTED another X.  They want MH5.  So XX probably didn't exactly excite many as they want to see the series advance,  not just celebrate itself ad nauseum. 

Well yeah, I didn´t try to denounce that. I´m just saying it is a decline compared to similiar titles off the franchise on the same system.

Oh it is a decline, no doubt, just saying there are mitigating factors more so than with, say Yokai Watch 3 which is just plain old brand fatigue. 

Around the Network
Boutros said:
hiska-kun said:

There's a reason for the strong ratio, it's not by chance.

What do you mean? lol

All games that had a good ratio the past weeks have many things in common. They were games that exceeded retailers expectations, hype suddenly increased just a couple of days before release or even the same launch day, word of mouth was good and rapidly spreaded, etc.

The blog that shares sell-through was saying the other day that in the past weeks this trend is happening many times, and retailers can't order more stock in time. This week is the turn of Wildlands.

With that said, if Accel World VS Sword Art Online has also a good ratio, the conditions said before have to happen. So the sell-through must be high, expectations beated, word of mouth, etc. 

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

hiska-kun said:
Boutros said:

What do you mean? lol

All games that had a good ratio the past weeks have many things in common. They were games that exceeded retailers expectations, hype suddenly increased just a couple of days before release or even the same launch day, word of mouth was good and rapidly spreaded, etc.

The blog that shares sell-through was saying the other day that in the past weeks this trend is happening many times, and retailers can't order more stock in time. This week is the turn of Wildlands.

With that said, if Accel World VS Sword Art Online has also a good ratio, the conditions said before have to happen. So the sell-through must be high, expectations beated, word of mouth, etc. 

I was thinking more of games like Super Robot Wars V or Danganronpa 3 when I said that because they too are PS4/PSV releases. They both had pretty great ratio and I doubt they beat retailers expectations as much as other recent releases did. I feel like Accel World VS Sword Art Online falls more in that category. Or it does as poor as the current points are showing and then we can blame Accel World lawl

49 days left

Mario Kart 8-40 pts

MK Deluxe-67 pts

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Buddy bump

Around the Network
Boutros said:
hiska-kun said:

I was thinking more of games like Super Robot Wars V or Danganronpa 3 when I said that because they too are PS4/PSV releases. They both had pretty great ratio and I doubt they beat retailers expectations as much as other recent releases did. I feel like Accel World VS Sword Art Online falls more in that category. Or it does as poor as the current points are showing and then we can blame Accel World lawl

Ok, if you're using SuperRobot as example is more possible. Still, it had a 1=90-99k ratio though, if AW vs SAO has this kind of ratio, sales will be worse than other entries.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

MH doing its thing as always. We need Splatoon 2 to keep the party going once MH leaves.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Boutros said:

I feel like it doesn't have a lot going for it. People didn't seem to like Lost Song and Vita version is yet again massively gimped (plus people have been burned by Hollow Realization); I'm not convinced those handheld buyers are going to be rushing for the PS4 version in those cases.

Plus, COMG loves SAO. You can see sorta trends with this kinda stuff - they don't like otome or Falcom games; then love SAO and niche ecchi VN's. Maybe I'm wayyy off on this one and it'll do better than the points indicate, but I can see it relatively under-performing.

Which doesn't bode well for the next game that they're hinting is going to be PS4-only, although maybe by dropping Vita they can go for a complete overhaul and get people interested again.

Tekken 7 again with a point!!!

Sword Art Online is at 79p with 5 days left. Looks like this entry will be the worst selling one (or it will surprise us all with a great ratio).