By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

By the way, it's still early for a Pokkén comparison, but it has 19 points with 50 days left. Xenoblade Chronicles X entered the chart with 18 points and 34 days left.

So, so far Pokkén is way ahead of XCX.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
PowerXXX said:
tbone51 said:
PowerXXX said:

Since never? I don't understand what you mean with that post. This thread here is about pre-ording japanese games. Most of them are Playstation games. Amazon Ranking counts the pre-orders. Most of them are Playstation products. See the connection? I never brought up Amazon in an actual sales thread like NPD or Media Create. Maybe it bothers you that there is more hype about Playstation products than Nintendo's........

Dony mean to burst your bubble but that's irrelevant to an extent. Yes that's good and all for Sony but your looking at it all wrong. Reason why COMG is dominated by Sony, Amazon, etc is because it simply has quantity over nintendo. That's it. 

There will obviously be more things in the top 100 for Sony as it has memory cards, a lot I mean a lot more games, etc than nintendo. Like 2015 and 2014 and basically every year Sony products >Nintendo products in quantity. Yet nintendo is the ones either having more sales or making more money (japan). 

Basically saying if there are 100 Sony games and 10 nintendo games releasing in the next month, I obviously expect Sony to be greater on that type of chart! 

90% of all the 3rd party games are coming to Playstation. Even Dragon Quest is now back on Playstation. Only MH and YW are still missing. So what you say about quantity over quality is not true. Playstation has both quantity and quality. Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, Resident Evil, Musou games, Western games, Dark Souls, Yakuza and many others.

So what you said is 100% wrong.

OK your missing my point here amigo! I'm not talking quality/franchises at all. I'm talking about just  Sony having more products than nintendo and by quite a lot. Hence why it's dominating amazon for exanple

What products are you talking about anyway? Mem cards? Did you checked the Amazon ranking at all? Only 2 mem cards are charting. 60 out of 68 items i mentioned are games.

Slarvax said:
PowerXXX said:
tbone51 said:

Dony mean to burst your bubble but that's irrelevant to an extent. Yes that's good and all for Sony but your looking at it all wrong. Reason why COMG is dominated by Sony, Amazon, etc is because it simply has quantity over nintendo. That's it. 

There will obviously be more things in the top 100 for Sony as it has memory cards, a lot I mean a lot more games, etc than nintendo. Like 2015 and 2014 and basically every year Sony products >Nintendo products in quantity. Yet nintendo is the ones either having more sales or making more money (japan). 

Basically saying if there are 100 Sony games and 10 nintendo games releasing in the next month, I obviously expect Sony to be greater on that type of chart! 

90% of all the 3rd party games are coming to Playstation. Even Dragon Quest is now back on Playstation. Only MH and YW are still missing. So what you say about quantity over quality is not true. Playstation has both quantity and quality. Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, Resident Evil, Musou games, Western games, Dark Souls, Yakuza and many others.

He never mentioned quality. He's point is pretty much: Nintendo has few games that sell a loooot, while Sony has a lot more games that sell not as much.

Which is not true.

PowerXXX said:
Slarvax said:
PowerXXX said:
tbone51 said:

He never mentioned quality. He's point is pretty much: Nintendo has few games that sell a loooot, while Sony has a lot more games that sell not as much.

Which is not true.

Looking at the past 3-4 years it is. This year it'll be more even especially because the big hitters for PS4 are coming in 2016.

Sony platforms have so much more games charting than on Nintendo that said if you look at the end of last year there is a clear difference in sales. 

tbone51 said:
PowerXXX said:
Slarvax said:
PowerXXX said:
tbone51 said:

Which is not true.

Looking at the past 3-4 years it is. This year it'll be more even especially because the big hitters for PS4 are coming in 2016.

Sony platforms have so much more games charting than on Nintendo that said if you look at the end of last year there is a clear difference in sales. 

Whatever. We agree that we disagree.

Also next time don't call me amigo. I am a woman in case you haven't seen my profile which i advise you to do every time you want to call someone amigo, bro, dude etc.

Around the Network
PowerXXX said:

Also next time don't call me amigo. I am a woman in case you haven't seen my profile which i advise you to do every time you want to call someone amigo, bro, dude etc.

Those terms are still used when referring to women.

Also wow, it's like a forest in here with all these quote trees.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
PowerXXX said:

Those terms are still used when referring to women.

Also wow, it's like a forest in here with all these quote trees.

No they are not. Nobody called me a bro, dude or amigo before and never heard anyone calling a woman like that. 

Seriously what are you even saying? Are you out of your mind? Get serious.

PowerXXX said:
Slarvax said:
-snip-

Which is not true.

Well if I remember correctly nine out of the ten bestselling games in Japan last year were Nintendo first or third party games. The only game that was able to nudge into there was Minecraft for Vita, I think. Meanwhile the top 20 was split between 11 Nintendo games to 9 Playstation games. I think 2014 didn't look much diffrent either.

Yes, Sony gets a lot of games, and a lot of them sell very well, but when it comes to the top numbers it hasn't been able to touch Nintendo in japan. In other words what he was saying is very true. Even so, ps4 hasn't really hit it's stride in japan yet, so it might change this year.

PowerXXX said:

It ringed a bell. And i was perfectly right. Did you read my post? In case you haven't noticed, this it a thread about pre-orders. That's why i mentioned Amazon pre-orders. I never mentioned Amazon pre-orders or in general Amazon sales in any thread with actual numbers like the NPD or the Media Create threads.

The Amazon Top 100 ain't all preorders, far from it. It's a recollection what sold best in a specific timeframe on Amazon Japan in the whole videogames category, some of which may be preorders (32 out of 100 at the time of posting, to be specific). In fact, your post on how many playstation games are in the Top 100 wouldn't have been out of place in the Media Create thread (could always count as a preview for the following week) at all

PowerXXX said:

No they are not. Nobody called me a bro, dude or amigo before and never heard anyone calling a woman like that. 

Seriously what are you even saying? Are you out of your mind? Get serious.

Must be a cultural barrier.

I'm very serious, and not out of my mind.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread