By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

outlawauron said:
the_dengle said:

Whoa guys the points are good but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I don't want to poo poo on the party either, but the game is doing rather well on COMG.

Yeah, oddly well. I never thought Splatoon would get boosts like this. I figured it'd be a niche title to be swept under the rug. o:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Just realised that Codename STEAM didn't even show up in the weekly ranking.

What the hell.

Kresnik said:

What the hell.

Why does that surprise you? It's the most unappealing Nintendo game I've ever seen.

Samus Aran said:
Kresnik said:

What the hell.

Why does that surprise you? It's the most unappealing Nintendo game I've ever seen.

More than this one?

It´s a pitty because Codename Steam is actually a pretty good game and its major flaw was fixed. But you are right, it´s not really appealing for the mainstream market, very niche game with a strange artstyle.

Acevil said:
outlawauron said:

I don't want to poo poo on the party either, but the game is doing rather well on COMG.

Ya, but we still do need to be level headed. It would be amazing for this IP to do 100k+, but lets not get ahead of ourselves before it does. 

Expectations under a month ago http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7252497

Most people didn't expect much from this game at least FW. Its tracking better than SM3DW/XCX/Pikmin3 on COMG, has a huge push from advertisements, a demo that helped out tremendously, and Nintendo 1st party games for 90% of the time on COMG have a better ratio of 1p=1k.

I dont think people are getting overthemselves, at least most arent. I could see if they are saying optimistic things but as of now its safe to say Splatoon will be doing over 70k-75k FW. 100k is definitely possible. More than that? Not 150k+ but still 100k+ is in the realm of happening!

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Kresnik said:

What the hell.

Its actually a good game. Definitely a 75-80 range in my book. Art style+setting is what through it off horribly for everyone.

As for japan, anybody expecting anything from this game...... well i dunno why, i knew this game wouldn't even do 3k-5k FW !!!

SpokenTruth said:
tbone51 said:

Expectations under a month ago http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7252497

It's insane that the optomistic dreamers may have not been dreaming at all.

It's in the context of Nintendo's lack of advertising. Nintendo has spent far more on pushing the game than anyone expected, so expectations are adjusting accordingly.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Boutros said:
Weekly ranking:

Index Period: May 11 to May 17, 2015 2015

[PS4] Final Fantasy 10 / 10-2 HD Remaster - 38Pt
[3DS] . PUZZLE & DRAGONS SUPER MARIO BROS EDITION - 38Pt
[Vita] Main Craft: PlayStation Vita Edition - 20pt
[3DS] Brave Lee Second - 16pt
[PS4] Borderlands Double Deluxe Collection - 15pt
[3DS] GIRLS MODE 3 Glitter ☆ Corde - 14pt
[3DS] assassination classroom killing sensei large siege !! - 14pt
[Vita] Phantasy Star Nova - 10pt
[Vita] Digimon Story cyber Sul © over scan - 10pt
[3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes Ultimate Mission 2 - 10pt
[WiiU] Xenoblade Chronicles Cross - 9pt
[WiiU] Dragon Quest X ancient dragon lore online - 7pt
[PS3] Main Craft (English) - 7pt
[PS4] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - 6PT
[PS4] Main Craft (English) - 5pt
[PS3] BLAZBLUE CHRONOPHANTASMA EXTEND - 5pt
[PS4] FINAL FANTASY XIV Shinsei Eoruzea - 4pt
[PS4] Dying Light - 4pt
[PS3] Battlefield hard line - 4pt
[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 4pt

Oh god...

Samus Aran said:

tbone51 said:

As for japan, anybody expecting anything from this game...... well i dunno why, i knew this game wouldn't even do 3k-5k FW !!!

What?  I don't understand at all.

Going into its release, I genuinely thought "It's a Nintendo-published; Intelligent Systems-developed SRPG.  It's going to sell alright in Japan", especially since Fire Emblem had a boom of popularity and pushed 500k on the 3DS.

I mean, it sold crap in the west; and now it looks like it's going to sell crap in Japan.  What was the market for this game?

At least, I thought it was going to do okay in Japan.   3-5k is having it selling less than Sonic Lost World; LEGO City Undercover etc.  That's just abysmal.

Will splatoon get a bundle?

I mean, it would help a lot lol