By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

hiska-kun said:

Sorry for the wait.

There's hype in Japan for the game and it has a good reputation for the japanese. The problem is, what else do you have after finishing Xenoblade X? 

Xenoblade X is after Xenoblade X. 

Around the Network
hiska-kun said:
outlawauron said:

Still wanted to know your expectations of Xenoblade X on Wii U.

Sorry for the wait.

There's hype in Japan for the game and it has a good reputation for the japanese. The problem is, what else do you have after finishing Xenoblade X? There're no more JRPG for Wii U, it is worth to spend 35.000 yen just to play one game? (A huge game, but still one).

That's the problem I see. Probably a lot of people would like to try but they will think that it doesn't compensate all that money. Since you can play a lot of JRPG on other systems.

Still, I can see the game doing decently. The bundle is gaining more attention than the MK8 one, which debuted at 14k.

In other words, I expect Wii U hardware at 25k for the launch week. Seems plausible and good for Wii U standards. The game should reach 150k LTD, maybe close to 200k luckily and if we're positive.

It's logical.

Mk8 bundle released after 6 months and a half of mario kart  8 release and the comparison isn't  so good!:P 

WiiU 39,943 (+1,323%)

(November '13,1st week)

Wii party u and wii u party u bundle release!Is there any possibility for same numbers with the release of xcx?:P

To be honest I'm not so optimistic,Japan is quite unpredictable!:P

Clyde32 said:

Exactly the issue. Over on PS4 its Disgaea, Bloodborne, Persona 5, FFXV, KH3 etc. etc. the list goes on.

Xenoblade X is an RPG for Nintendo gamers, not really RPG gamers... well unless you have the munnies.

hiska-kun said:
outlawauron said:

Still wanted to know your expectations of Xenoblade X on Wii U.

Sorry for the wait.

There's hype in Japan for the game and it has a good reputation for the japanese. The problem is, what else do you have after finishing Xenoblade X? There're no more JRPG for Wii U, it is worth to spend 35.000 yen just to play one game? (A huge game, but still one).

That's the problem I see. Probably a lot of people would like to try but they will think that it doesn't compensate all that money. Since you can play a lot of JRPG on other systems.

Still, I can see the game doing decently. The bundle is gaining more attention than the MK8 one, which debuted at 14k.

In other words, I expect Wii U hardware at 25k for the launch week. Seems plausible and good for Wii U standards. The game should reach 150k LTD, maybe close to 200k luckily and if we're positive.

So, about the same as Xenoblade. Bigger HW boost because of much greater attention being paid to it, but lifetime sales not very different. About what I expect as well. Wouldn't be surprised if it got past 250k though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

So, about the same as Xenoblade. Bigger HW boost because of much greater attention being paid to it, but lifetime sales not very different. About what I expect as well. Wouldn't be surprised if it got past 250k though.

I'm guessing Nintendo is trying to build hype with the 3DS version of the original. Because it suffers from none of the problems Hiska mentioned. So they want to build it up that way. Which might actually work.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
Clyde32 said:

Exactly the issue. Over on PS4 its Disgaea, Bloodborne, Persona 5, FFXV, KH3 etc. etc. the list goes on.

Xenoblade X is an RPG for Nintendo gamers, not really RPG gamers... well unless you have the munnies.

Was actually a joke lol. This is actually why they have DQX set to launch at the same time. There's also something going on with Namco we don't know about, but that might not be a JRPG.

C'mon Digimon Story!

Poor Type-0 HD seems like it'll bomb

outlawauron said:

This should make Nintendo worry imo. I don't know of anyone under the age of 20 who plays Pokemon anymore, so they're likely going to hit a wall if they can't get kids interested in Pokemon.

THis makes me curious.

May I ask where do you live, Outlaw?

I'm from Southern Europe, and here the situation is exactly the opposite. No adult plays Pokemon, while it's popular with kids, instead, along with the DS/3DS platform itslelf.

At the same time, it's adults who are pulled toward smartphones, instead of under 20.

The PS4 is about to spike pretty nicely in Japan! I expect the baseline to start increasing.

Will Bloodbonre get a decent boost if the PS4 hardware spikes for DQH over the next few weeks?