By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Electronic Arts. Could it be the fear talking.

I think you'll find that everyone who treats any company like they're evil is probably a nerd who is unhappy and angry all the time. They always see things in black and white, aligned with the white side of the force or the black side of the force. They also see themselves as keyboard Jedi knights whose duty is to rebel against empires by metaphorically swinging their light swords at them.

As a Nintendo fan, I learned to spot these kinds of bullshitters back when Nintendo was the dominant mighty power in the industry a few years back. All of the sudden, the same people who were saying GameCube was a console for kids and had no games on it worth playing were saying Nintendo betrayed them with the Wii, Nintendo sold them out with the Wii. Nintendo became that console that this legion of Jedi Nerds were rebelling against. Now they have just picked a new Empire to strike back against.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Personally I've already... 'disliked' EA since long before either the WiiU or the Dreamcast issues. The last EA game I've bought, was the expansion pack (Rush Hour) for SimCity 4. Could also be The Third Age for GameCube, but anyway, it's 10 years ago.

I already saw, long before that last game, that EA was only in it for the money (in a bad way, I know everyone) when I was a child. Ruining franchises, lackluster support, half-done games, and the worst of all; lying. It's all been going on for decades now.

This recent fall-out with Nintendo is just fuel to restart the engine.

That said, Nintendo's a whole different beast from SEGA in the Dreamcast days. We'll live, EA will regret it. The only bad thing is, they're going to defile the Star Wars franchise now.

The answer is: yes

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I think the issue with EA is unique though.

Cause all these other console fans on here CLAIM that EA are doing nothing more than a pure business decision because not enough consoles and no emotion has gone into this boycott.

Which is total BS, because we know EA will support PS4 and New Xbox form the gate. The other thing that is BS about this is the fact they were on Nintendo's stage at E3 praising the console. Something surely happened on an emotional level, after all companies are runs by humans not robots.

Most people here want:
1. EA to acknowledge the truth.
2. Some other consoles fans stop talking shit about companies don't make emotional decisions.

Cobretti2 said:

Cause all these other console fans on here CLAIM that EA are doing nothing more than a pure business decision because not enough consoles and no emotion has gone into this boycott.

Which is total BS, because we know EA will support PS4 and New Xbox form the gate. The other thing that is BS about this is the fact they were on Nintendo's stage at E3 praising the console. Something surely happened on an emotional level, after all companies are runs by humans not robots.

Most people here want:
2. Some other consoles fans stop talking shit about companies don't make emotional decisions.

Basically this. I've long become accepting of the fact that Nintendo isn't going to get all the third party support, but this, this is a unique level of dickery, and the fact that some people keep making the claim that EA is perfectly justified in this (especially when about half of those people are just Nintendo haters, although the sadder part is the more respectable posters who seem to honestly believe it) is what makes this especially maddening.

An admission of guilt from EA would fix all of this.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Guilt for what exactly changing their minds. They didn't take a blood oath, enter into a legally binding contract, or invoke the name of a higher authority. They said they intended to do something, and changed their minds, because they didn't think it was in their best interest. They aren't the first company that has done that, and they wont be the last either. That isn't any kind of a justification for this behavior. It isn't any kind of crime, and it doesn't require any malicious intent.

Nintendo has done the same thing countless times. They promised owners and prospective owners things that they never delivered on. Does that mean I can call them every fowl mouthed name in the book, and give me the right to imply that they are criminals. While I didn't like the end result. I understood that sometimes we can't deliver what we intend to, and the same holds true for companies. Electronic Arts probably intended to do as they suggested, but in the process they decided it wasn't doable.

Hey I am still waiting on the 64DD that Nintendo promised, and the games they promised. They didn't deliver on those promises. I wasn't happy about not getting it, but I didn't throw a name calling tantrum over it. I understood that they had at least had the intention at one point to deliver it to me. Just as Electronic Arts at one time intended to deliver that level of support. They didn't commit a crime. They just failed to live up to a promise that they had intended to carry through with. The only thing they are seemingly guilty of is overstating their case.

Tell me honestly which of you hasn't promised something that you failed to deliver on.

Mr Khan said:
Cobretti2 said:

Most people here want:

Basically this. I've long become accepting of the fact that Nintendo isn't going to get all the third party support, but this, this is a unique level of dickery, and the fact that some people keep making the claim that EA is perfectly justified in this (especially when about half of those people are just Nintendo haters, although the sadder part is the more respectable posters who seem to honestly believe it) is what makes this especially maddening.

An admission of guilt from EA would fix all of this.

But we have no way of knowing what the emotional part of the breakdown in the relationship is. Ultimately there must be some reason why EA feels they were wronged by Nintendo, and without any knowledge of what that is we can't really assign blame. The only part of this we can analyse are the business/financial reasons EA would have for not supporting Nintendo, and there are definitely these as can be seen by the rather weak support they are getting from everyone else.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

My hate for EA has nothing to do with Nintendo but more in the line with this piece of fucking shit:

I would buy BF4 and likely a few of the SW games that will eventually come. Note my game history as I've bought nearly every BF since 1942.

As for real logic, well I just replied to you in the other thread. I think you're simply ignoring the facts people are providing.

superchunk said:
I would buy BF4 and likely a few of the SW games that will eventually come. Note my game history as I've bought nearly every BF since 1942.

As for real logic, well I just replied to you in the other thread. I think you're simply ignoring the facts people are providing.

EA can pay me to play Battlefield 3.5... I mean Battlefield 4. :P
Then they will charge for Premium, unlocks and such on top of it... Nah. Better games around deserving of your dollar than another generic military shooter made by EA. :P

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--